possible improvements
Hello guys, I wanted to ask if its possible to change two things in the game:
1. The first thing i was wondering about are the shadows. I will try to explain. For example, on ac_power from RVSF base if u want to go left u can choose one of the two roads, the "upper" (far left) path that is above the "lower" (mid-left) one. I don't know if u have noticed that when u are on the lower path u can see shadows of all the guys that are above you on the upper path. That shouldn't be happening. I only hope its an easy fix :).
2. Second one is about pain sounds. For example, some guy shoots at me with a shotgun from far away, and he manages to take away from me 5 health points. But when i hear pain sounds i think he has almost killed me :D. Maybe different sounds could be made for different levels of damage, or even for less then 10 hp we shouldn't hear any sound, cause it can be distracting.
Ty for reading, I hope u don't mind me asking if its possible to do something with this. Cya all in game :)
Thanks given by:
The shadows are quite easy to explain, the truth is that the "second floor" isn't really a second floor it's more like a floating platform that's why It isnt "solid". We can't make second floors like in Cube 2 the engine won't allow it.

As for the sounds I honestly don't know
Thanks given by:
There is no gun that takes off less than 10 hp? Unless they are very far away with a shotty. In which case i'd still like to know i'm being hit so I can do something about it, i've never had an issue with the sounds.

Idk about the shadow stuff, I've definety used it to my advantage in parts of shine, power etc. It's just a part of the game though.
Thanks given by:
You can even nade someone trough that platforms hehe
Thanks given by:
thanks you guys gave me new strategies :D
Thanks given by:
(19 Aug 11, 03:15AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: You can even nade someone trough that platforms hehe

Splash damage goes through everything, even walls.
v: Thanks V-Man :D
Thanks given by:
Even solids??
Congrats on 1000 Orynge
Thanks given by:
(19 Aug 11, 03:10AM)castiel Wrote: There is no gun that takes off less than 10 hp? Unless they are very far away with a shotty.

I mostly agree with u mate, but someone with shotgun could miss u from pointblank range and take away few health points, but u have impression that he has almost splattered u. So u run for cover, even though u should continue fighting :).
Thanks given by:
(19 Aug 11, 06:59AM)Orynge Wrote:
(19 Aug 11, 03:15AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: You can even nade someone trough that platforms hehe

Splash damage goes through everything, even walls.

Yes But that's only because of the thickness of the walls or the lack of it, only 2 cubes most of the cases I think
Thanks given by: