What the hell???
I saw this qouted in the qoutes thread;

"[15:05] <Andrez|ACDC> sometimes I think some races shouldn't exist, but anyway..this is the world, it's made in that way

this man is a moderator on these forums"

I really need to understand the context. The reason for this is its clearly a racist remark if taken on its own my only hope is that there was some kind of context that shows this was not the case.

If not and the comment was as reported and ACDC Andrez carries on being a mod here then this will be my last post as I cannot be a part of a community that allows that kind of racist to be a moderator.

:(
Thanks given by:
I sincerely hope this is some kind of sick joke as he is also a moderator on AKIMBO and I cannot certainly tolerate this sort of behaviour either.
Thanks given by:
Sarcasm, that's all. Just to explain that racism is pointless, in any way.

If you think I'm a sort of bastard or a new Hitler, feel free to lift me up from moderation or whatever.
Thanks given by:
Someone should give some logs if they have them.
Thanks given by:
Sorted for me! Next time get the full story before scaring the crap out of me Andy :p
Thanks given by:
I honestly doubt there was some sort of evilness in that comment, as if he was a racist he most likely wouldnt be this close to the community
Thanks given by:
Here you go (thanks to SKB)

Quote:(08:04:49 PM) <Andrez|ACDC> lol, racism is pointless
(08:05:00 PM) <Waffles> i've been called cracker, honkie, white-boi
(08:05:18 PM) <|KH|MusicMan10> pointless yes
(08:05:22 PM) <|KH|MusicMan10> but funny
(08:05:23 PM) <|KH|MusicMan10> yes
(08:05:24 PM) <Waffles> i like mac and cheese, doesn't make me inferior to other races
(08:05:37 PM) <Andrez|ACDC> in all honestly
(08:05:58 PM) <Andrez|ACDC> sometimes I think some races shouldn't exist, but anyway..this is the world, it's made in that way
(08:06:13 PM) <Andrez|ACDC> so, it's pointless to think it differently
(08:06:18 PM) <|KH|MusicMan10> LOL

Read it entirely. I wasn't intended to say it in a serious way, but just to point out that racism is pointless anyway, even if you have some hatred for some race/ethnic group.

I'll be banned from IRC ASAP, so I got my punishment too if that matters, but for God's sake, I'm not racist.
Thanks given by:
"I'll be banned from IRC ASAP, so I got my punishment too if that matters, but for God's sake, I'm not racist."

Yes, we all are deciding who gets the honors while we take turns giving him op.
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 11, 07:34AM)DES|Anderson Wrote: I really need to understand the context.

I believe I stated that i wanted to understand the context because if it was as it appeared a racist comment then action should be taken. I do not think the qoute has a place in our qoutes thread either as clearly it portrays Andrez is a bad light and is completly out of context.

Question for the future; How do we deal with people qouting out of context or mis qouting?

Edit: infact if you read the log it shows that MM10 is the one who believes racisim to be funny, maybe i was getting upset about the wrong person...

Thanks given by:
It's always MM10 or Undead's fault. Lol
Thanks given by:
Christ! Wheres "that guy who always quotes Wikipedia" when needed...

Well, ill fill tha gap!
"Among humans, race has no taxonomic significance; all people belong to the same hominid subspecies, Homo sapiens sapiens"
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 11, 12:44PM)DES|Anderson Wrote: Question for the future; How do we deal with people qouting out of context or mis qouting?

If it's malicious enough, warning points and a correction are in order. Right, MMX? ;-)
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 11, 01:23PM)Huntsman Wrote: It's always MM10 or Undead's fault. Lol

This is true.
Thanks given by:
V-man, IRC != Forums. However he did post on the quotes thread.
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 11, 01:49PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: Christ! Wheres "that guy who always quotes Wikipedia" when needed...

Flowtron or V-Man?
Thanks given by:
@Lantry Man, When writting the post I would have swore it was you but as i like to think/ check things before acting I went through your last posts to find out you werent XD.
Now that you give me the options Ill guess, and go for... BOTH! (win/win!) but i remember that time someone pointed out a in a very exquisite manner some heartful truth and its still stuck in my memory... Thats why I asked out for Him/Her.
Thanks given by:
according to the logs i was clearly there. i don't think there was any malicious intent, or any intent other than to point out how ludicrous racism is.
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 11, 11:17PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: V-man, IRC != Forums. However he did post on the quotes thread.

Precisely my thought process.
Thanks given by:
(18 Aug 11, 01:49PM)paulmuaddibKA Wrote: "Among humans, race has no taxonomic significance; all people belong to the same hominid subspecies, Homo sapiens sapiens"

ikr.

Technically, you're only racist if you hate animals.
Thanks given by: