ac_excavation
hey

I'm here to show you my new map :)

I wanted to make it look like an advanced ac_mines or how i look on real mining sites, but i also wanted to add something of my historical touch and a little bit of adventurers touch and this is what i came with :) I present you the Excavation site :)

[Image: excavation_HD_slideshow.gif]

Download it here

Map is not good to be played with too many player, maxim up to 14. The map itself presents much more that the eye on these screen shots can see :)

I hope you will enjoy it :)

Milandrag
Thanks given by:
We already tought about this map name with Undead. :p

Gj
Thanks given by:
well apparently I was first :)

Thanks given by:
Just added it to my server but havent looked at it yet.

Why dont you add the files in a folder pointing newbies in the right direction?
Not everybody knows where to add the maps they download to be able to play them.
Thanks given by:
hehe :D
well the point is that on akimbo says that the package should be made like this... that's why I made it like this :P
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, are you sure?

Aren't it suppose to be "packages" -> "maps" and then only mapfiles (cgz + cgf)?

Not that it matters anyhow. :)
Thanks given by:
(16 Aug 11, 11:47PM)Milandrag Wrote: hehe :D
well the point is that on akimbo says that the package should be made like this... that's why I made it like this :P
Please read our packaging guide once again...

It clearly states: A .zip file containing: 'packages' folder including a 'maps' folder containing your map .cgz and .cfg files.
Notice that it says .zip and not .rar as compression format.

Also, AC has a lightweight file size policy, my suggestion would be to remove the unnecessary .gif image, bringing your file down from 169ko to 62ko

One last thing... You mentioned AKIMBO, why don't you then use it to upload and share your material? It's free of charge you know :D

Thanks given by:
hehe yes i noticed that too

curently im playing my map to see any unfound glitches/errors/anything similar to that and the update will surely come in folders :D

bout download side
the file is uploaded to our clan's page so it actually doesn't metter where i wanna upload it :)
Thanks given by:
some cool details in there! :)
Thanks given by:
I think the detail is nice, However the layout could be better.
Thanks given by:
ok i've updated the package and i fixed some glitches throught a map
since i guess thoose who has it won't download again you can just connect to the FD server (connect ac.fd.tc) and get the new version from there
Thanks given by:
I just got the map from ac.fd.tc, and I have to say I am amazed.

I can't wait to test the gameplay, and I hope it is as good as the map looks.

One bug I found is one sound right next to the CLA flag, its radius is very small so you cannot hear it until pass by it.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7595/...xcavat.jpg
This is a picture of the sounds location, and the sound ent being shown in the text down below.
Thanks given by:
When scripting single player levels becomes mainstream someone should do something on this :P
Rather nice!
Thanks given by:
Oh my... How many years did you spend to make it?

it's so detailed!
Thanks given by:

haha it's not the metter of years... but months are indeed... ok great... that sound will be fixed... thanks for finding it :)

but think i have to buy a new mouse now ^^
Thanks given by:
Wasn't a big fan of some of the hard-to-reach armour, it's still amazing. :)
Thanks given by: