Jg99's AC Forbidden.Cfg (huge forbidden.cfg list)
You forgot pronz and pr0nz
Did anyone see my pastebin link :( http://pastebin.com/MQr377yf
Thanks given by:
Wh-ore
Oh look, I evaded it.

F.uck
Oh look, I evaded it again.

In finishing, it's probably no use making something like this.
Thanks given by:
I never understood why vulgarities were blocked. I understand that kids play, but it's irritating when i'm relaying a message and it's blocked. And, you don't know what other's are saying cause they may be sifted through also. The client-side blocker would be awesome imho cause vulgar people honestly don't bother me, if anything it tells me what they are thinking at that moment. Some people are overly-excessive on vulgarities, i won't deny that, but that's where the /ignore command comes in handy.
Thanks given by:
That's a very strict list. If you're ging to start banning words like 'gay' and 'queer' you might as well ban 'beer' 'booze' and almost everything a 4 year old is not supposed to hear. If you're old enough to play a FPS, I think you're old enough to haer those words.

"Yo momma so gay!"

And that offended nobody.
Thanks given by:
(20 Aug 11, 08:04PM)Lightning Wrote: That's a very strict list. If you're ging to start banning words like 'gay' and 'queer' you might as well ban 'beer' 'booze' and almost everything a 4 year old is not supposed to hear. If you're old enough to play a FPS, I think you're old enough to haer those words.
"Yo momma so gay!"
And that offended nobody.
Between you and me if you was in right front of me and tell me my mum is gay I'll bash you on the spot to teach you some respect!

For the words beer and booze I do not see at all where the problem lies, the fact is the youngsters nowadays play such games because they are there for them to play and there is nothing wrong in teaching them teamwork, respect, fairplay aso even if it's with a shoot'em up.

I mentioned DES|Kijax's 6 year old daughter because when I pop around his place and she's playing I can see she gets upset with some nicknames, she also tell me it's wrong/bad in her own words.
I just tap her shoulder gently and say "yeah you're right girl that's a fu..erm a tos..erm a very very bad man".

Can someone tell me what is wrong with be sensitive and care about keeping our youngsters away from indecency?

Thanks given by:
AC isn't really for minors, cleaner. Words such as f* shouldnt be banned in the chat, however it looks bad to see names like those.
Thanks given by:
Forum Rules Wrote:24. Do not excessively use curse words in your thread(s) and/or post(s), your messages will be read by a wide range of age groups.

You ARE allowed to cuss on the forums to a civil limit, however I feel the same rule should be applied in game. Sometimes there are very intense (lol) moments in game or matches, and when you win or lose, sometimes you leek a bad word. Its almost natural and its understood. I don't think servers really should have a forbidden file. I have only banned "Fuck" From my servers in that a lot of newer ac players really do abuse that word. It is demeaning but in particular, that word (and many others) do have a lot of alternatives in meaning. Any good server will let you ban for the language but otherwise, freedom of speech man. Theres really nothing more to it. TyD servers piss me off sometimes since you can't say much of anything there.

Non demeaning phrases would be like "Man, thats a bitch" etc. As said, if you aren't used to cuss words, why are you even playing an fps?
Thanks given by:
Players should be able to put words in a list (completely client-side) if they don't want to see any swear words, so if I don't wish to see the word c**t in-game, then I put it in the file and don't have to worry about servers blocking that word in their servers. This way we save up time for the server owners and give the responsibility to the players themselves.
Thanks given by:
I think Wolf has a good idea there.
Thanks given by:
Having text filtering as a client side option is a very good idea. Adds to the issues regarding the letter to UT from the german government.
Thanks given by:
what happened to UT?

for users who are either computer un-savvy or don't know how to curse especially well, possibly an option during/before download for the "clean/censored" version of AC that uses a smart forbidden list. I wouldn't make it default, might get more complaints that way. But I would give the option to save the virgin-eared player's time.

**personal opinion**
let's try and be honest/ less naive about this topic. This is more about people's personal beliefs (morality) rather than just pure concern for saving the innocence of the young. In the world I have been living in, cursing and adult language right in front or in ear shot of children between 4-11 is very common-place.. sometimes even by their own families (not that im saying its ok, but that it happens all the time, everywhere. coffee shops, movie theaters, theme parks, their own peers at school... its like trying to get all the sand off of an entire beach with a SiLver SPoon) There is no law against it IRL... and there are 20, 30, 40, 50 year old's who get more offended by these kinds of things than certain 10 year old's, who think it's pretty funny.
Thanks given by:
From having run pubs in England I can say that if I only had a penny for every single F word I heard I would have by now beaten Bill Gates on the world's richest man board...

Thing is, nowadays people swear for nothing! It has lost all it's meanings and purposes and that is what pis... erm annoys me. The toughness of cursing has faded away to become as familiar as "oh btw darling while you're at that fucking shop get me some bleedin beers will ya bitch".

I am not at all offended by curse words, I am offended by the way they are used. Maybe I'm old fashion but I was told not to curse for nothing and back in my days telling someone to F*** Off meant something rather strong and you could expect some fisticuffs the following minutes.

Between you and me Sonic would you be happy having your kids wandering around swearing like drunken pirates? Well not me certainly.
Thanks given by:
@DES|Cleaner: Depends on the way you say it :)
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3769-post...l#pid66409
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3769-post...l#pid66246
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-3769-post...l#pid66273
Any disagreement?
Thanks given by: