Unable to get map from server on Mac
Thank you to Ronald_Reagan, who helped me quite a bit with the ac_arabian and ac_toxic problem -- I copied the official maps into my maps folder and now it works just fine.

However, I was in a map rotation today and then the map ac_edifice popped up. A screen popped up that said I needed to download the latest version of this map, or stick with the outdated, local version and disconnect. Naturally I chose the latest version, and for some reason it simply didn't work. Tried as I might, I couldn't get the map to download.

I checked the "official" folder that I stuck into my "maps" folder, and ac_edifice wasn't listed there, so I'm assuming it's a community map.

I've played other community-made maps perfectly fine. Any tips?

Thank you in advance! :)

**I'm using Mac OS X***

Mod edit: Title now less ambiguous
Thanks given by:
ah, I have encountered this problem. I am not exactly sure why. You could try to find it in your maps folder and delete that, however I am not sure why this happens sorry. Which server was this on?

yes, it is a community map.
Thanks given by:
This is almost always because you don't have permission to get the map, either because you can't write to the maps folder, or, as it seems in this case, AC can't change the name of your existing map (it wants to rename it to ac_edifice_xxxxxxxxxx.bak). RR's advice to delete your current version of the map should cure this, but if it happens with other maps, you'll have to investigate the underlying problem.
Thanks given by:
jamz, this problem occurs to me too, but only on some maps.
Thanks given by:
Yes -- previously I was unable to connect to ac_toxic and ac_arabian, but that is apparently a Mac client issue and I fixed it up with a little patience. ;)

However, I was just curious because I've been able to play all other community maps perfectly well. I've checked the box "Automatic Download" to ensure that I automatically receive any map that is in the rotation to ensure that this issue wouldn't occur. Alas, it did anyway. I kept hitting the Enter button highlighting the box "Download ac_edifice version 22" or something along those lines. Finally I gave up and highlighted the box that read "Keep local version and disconnect."

The only problem is -- I don't think I even have the local version! It isn't anywhere in my maps folder at all. :(

To clarify, it was on the Exodus 24-hour CTF server.
Thanks given by: