Invincibility and lag
Hey everyone. Admittedly I haven't been around for a little while, but while starting up AC again today, I have a couple of questions I'm not sure have been answered or not.

Firstly, is the invincibility and lag problem only experienced through personal internet connectivity problems, or is it an in-built part of the game now? 1.04 didn't have this problem, and these huge spikes in ping make the game almost unplayable. If it is a problem of mine I will look for a solution. By invincibility and lag, I mean that unlike 1.04, when players turn into ghosts, the other players are still able to shoot at me while I run around just trying to evade their bullets until they become killable again.

Number 2, where are most of the Australian and American players hanging out these days? The Hub used to be fantastic for that, and I'm not seeing anywhere near as many people in Pohu anymore.

Sorry if these questions have been answered. I figured I'd chuck them out there anyway.

NOTE ON POINT 1: I used to use a tool that deconfigured Wireless Zero Config, which used to solve latency problems with 1.04. Not sure if anyone else has had any luck with that in current versions of AC.

PS: Hello everyone, for the many of you who haven't noticed my absence. :D
Thanks given by:
2) Whenever I do pub, I just pick any server with a decent map/mode combo, and a ping below 350. lol.
Thanks given by:
1) Adjust your /smoothmove and /smoothdist values until you see this problem decrease to a level where you can at least shoot back.

You may also need/want to fiddle with network throttling, but I haven't experimented enough with those settings to shed much light on them.
Thanks given by:
Thanks V-Man! Will get on that right now.
Thanks given by:
V-Man: when I type /smoothmove I would normally get a small caption explaining what I'm changing - I don't get this with /smoothmove, and I can't tell what I should be typing in (number between what?)

Can you help me out? Should I be putting in /smoothmove 10 for example?
Thanks given by:
This should help some.
http://assault.cubers.net/docs/reference...smoothdist

It gives you defaults, so dont care about changing them to your hearts content.
Thanks given by: