Problem with starting AC
Everytime I try to start AC, I keep getting a message saying "The system cannot find the path specified." I've already reinstalled a few times without any success.

Here is a screenshot of the message I get in the cmd prompt window:
[Image: erroroyo.jpg]

If I try to change the directory of the "bin_win32\ac_client.exe" to the actual directory where ac_client.exe is located, I get an error message telling me to run the .bat file instead, which I have already done.

I have Windows Vista Home Basic.

Thanks

EDIT: I've found that I can start the game and play correctly by copying every folder in the AssaultCube folder (bin_win32, bot, config, demos, etc.) INTO the bin_win32 folder and starting ac_client.exe directly. I don't know if this was supposed to happen and I doubt I will be able to use any custom scripts. I still need help on how to start the game with the default batch file.
Thanks given by:
It looks like your shortcut had its "Start in" folder changed to c:\
If you'd modified the shortcut so its "Start in" was your AC folder (the location of the .bat file), that would have fixed it.
Thanks given by:
(11 Aug 11, 06:30AM)jamz Wrote: It looks like your shortcut had its "Start in" folder changed to c:\
If you'd modified the shortcut so its "Start in" was your AC folder (the location of the .bat file), that would have fixed it.

Thanks, but how would I change my "Start in" folder?
Thanks given by:
Right click your AssaultCube shortcut (not the .bat) > properties.
Thanks given by:
(11 Aug 11, 10:03PM)Gibstick Wrote: Right click your AssaultCube shortcut (not the .bat) > properties.

Thanks, but I really don't think the shortcut is problem. The previous shortcut linked flawlessly to the .bat file for launching AC. Theoretically, I should have been able to just double-click the launcher .bat file and start AC regularly. My problem is that even AC portable does not start correctly with the Portable Apps launcher.
Thanks given by:
The target of the shortcut is fine - the .bat file - but the "Start in:" location could be wrong.
Look:
[Image: ac_shortcut.jpg]
If I changed the "Start in:" location to C:\, I would see the exact error you posted, because when AC runs, it is looking in the wrong location for the game files.
Thanks given by: