Can't host server with real IP
OK so I used to be able to host my server with my "real" IP, but then I reinstalled AC and for some reason i tried to host my server when connected to OpenVPN after that (gives u a new IP) and now I can only host my server when connected to OpenVPN. Please, how do i fix this? I want to host my server with my real IP again for many reasons

Thanks
Thanks given by:
It probably means you need to forward your ports correctly, 28763 and 28764 by default.
Thanks given by:
(08 Aug 11, 10:34PM)Gibstick Wrote: It probably means you need to forward your ports correctly, 28763 and 28764 by default.

I've already done that and my server used to work perfectly, it still does but i cannot use it with my real IP wich is a problem because i have to pay for my new IP and it slows down my net speed.. It's like my server only works if I use this fake IP but its now even static, it changes a bit every time i use it

Thanks given by:
Ok, you can have to I.P. addresses which are both "Real", one internal and one external. Your internal will be the biggest one when it comes to hosting a server. Chances are your internal ip address changed for your computer so re port forward to your new internal ip address.

External one is the one people like me would use to connect to your server.
Thanks given by:
I suspect that OpenVPN has reconfigured your IP settings for Gateway, DNS ect. restore defaulty settings and i bet you will be able to host with your own IP again. Your problem will be when you want to use open VPN again then it will need to be configured and the same problem will ocur.
Thanks given by:
I got it to work now with ur guys help, thank you! And Anderson, i connected to OpenVPN, then disconnected and tried to host the server again with my real IP and it worked so yeah no problems at all!
Thanks given by: