how in the world does voting work
Why is it that when trying to kick/ban an unwanted player you end up with this:

8 yes / 2 no

and then it says VOTE FAILED

What????

8 is bigger than 2 so why doesn't the vote pass?

Maybe I'm just dumb but to me this doesn't make any sense
Thanks given by:
I think, at least the half of the players in the match has to vote.
So, match with 32 players: 10 yes, 0 no. Vote failed, because at least 16 players had to vote...
Thanks given by:
Man, I wish I knew how votes work too.
Thanks given by:
It needs to be more than half. 20 players, 10 yes 10 no, vote fails.

All votes may only be one of two options; yes or no. Until a player votes the server assumes a no vote. Unless you tell the server otherwise(By voting yes), you have voted no.

Really the only reason to vote no is to kill a vote. Useful when someone is spamming nonsense votes or to end a vote before the 30(?) seconds are up.
Thanks given by:
maybe there was admin in who did voted F2 ?
Thanks given by:
I think it's half of the players + 1, but the admin's vote is above all, so if he F1s, it's ok, if F2s, it fails.
Thanks given by:
In my experience many admins will use their golden vote to kill nonsense votes or obvoiusly unfair votes. This is often seen when a vote is to force a player from one team to another when there is already balance, or when a top player has just joined the downtrodden team ;)

Many admins including myself make use of scripts that quickly claim admin then drop it again, its not to hide what we are doing, its so as not to disturb the flow of the game. When a server is full of sensible players I and most others openly set admin although on these servers admin is rarely if ever needed :)

So I suspect as has already been stated it was probably an admin...

Oh and just a hint, i kill votes to shuffle once a game has started, in these situations i always force myself first then others to get balance, so shuffle votes get killed loads. No problem shuffling at the begining or end of a game but not during.
Thanks given by:
shuffleteams should be replaced (on the public servers (non-match/private modes)) with an auto-vote from the player with the "best score" to force themselves to the enemy team (when things are blatantly unfair)... honestly the current shuffleteams does nothing other than stacking the teams/confusing new players, and making it impossible to get a truly balanced pub server going.

It also should not be votable, other than by admins of the server, regardless of the voting permission string.
Thanks given by:
(11 Aug 11, 09:49AM)Bukz Wrote: shuffleteams should be replaced (on the public servers (non-match/private modes)) with an auto-vote from the player with the "best score" to force themselves to the enemy team (when things are blatantly unfair)...

Hahaha, that's funny, now how do you know who have the best score?
The server is dumb, some players are worst, the shuffleteam must be alowed on all public servers (on TyD servers you can /ban but the shuffleteams isn't alowed, wtf).

Thanks given by:
The code knows who has the best score...

Also, you should know how often shuffleteams gets it wrong... Mass exchanging of players isn't the answer, thats why forceteam is preferred...

This isn't about TyD btw, but nice try dragging them into it...
Thanks given by:
(11 Aug 11, 03:51PM)Bukz Wrote: This isn't about TyD btw, but nice try dragging them into it...

Agreed, not everything about servers relates to TyD, I am admin on many servers not just TyD. I also think that it shows a little bit of thought has gone into the config of the servers at TyD after all what we are saying is shuffleteams is bad and a waste of time! I bet you can vote to force yourself to another team on those servers :)

Also this is to all really, if you see an unfair server instead of furiously typing how unfair it is why not try to vote a forceteam change for yourself or someone else to even it up. I often do this and rarely have to use admin to force it through. Everyone knows theres no fun in beating a team of noobs ;)
Thanks given by:
you need 9/2 or or 8/3 for vote pass, it holds a bit stability in maprot on big servers and prevent against vote abuse on small servers, you just need 50% of players voting for pass

/shuffleteam is for servers where /autoteam is disabled.(match servers) If the server has /autoteam (public servers), you don't need this feature.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I was confused by that too. When an admin votes no the vote is killed instantly from my experience but if the vote stayed up its just because it had majority of the voters but not of the players.
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks all... got another question... how do u end a thread?
Thanks given by:
You don't. Just let it be and it'll close itself after 90 days.
Thanks given by:
Or if, like you, the thread starter can ask a mod or dev to close it for you.
Thanks given by:
And sometimes they can read your mind.
Thanks given by: