DES Match servers
Hello all,

I thought i would post this as I have had a number of questions relating to my match server recently. For those who do not know, i host (at present) 1 match server for DES in game connect is "connect ultrapenguin.co.uk 28790" this is setup as a match server ie it allows the setting of mastermode ect without the need for admin pass.

To make it easier for all, I have given this server a public admin pass which is "Match", this is a trial to see if this proves popular or gives me any issues. If not i may shorten the connect a little and put some more match servers with the same settings.

If anyone has any sugestions at all, i would of course look at them closely, have fun friends...
Thanks given by:
He uses BL?
Thanks given by:
Is that "Match" or "match"?
I believe others have tried public admin and have had issues, but I don't think those were match servers.
Thanks given by:
it is "Match" with a capital.

Yes they currently run a BL (as do all my servers) i am of the opinion that I do not provide facilities for cheats. I am aware of recent clan Bans ect, these I do not consider cheats and will remove them from my server, the only exception to this will be the ban on members of ED that remains because I have personally seen evidence to support their cheating. If ED want to "talk" about that they can PM me, and note I said talk any flaming will be ignored.

Lets hope this public admin pass works I reakon it will make it easier to use these servers for clan matches :)
Thanks given by:
Very nice Anderson :)
Thanks given by:
Where is this server located in the UK? London?
Thanks given by:
its actually Portsmouth, South coast although I dont think that has any real effect on its ping and stability. It does benefit from using only about 6 meters of copper, beyond that its fibre all the way baby!
Thanks given by: