(mapmodels) Wheelbarrow set
Still in the construction site mood here is a set of 3 wheelbarrows, I've tried to keep it as low poly as possible.

Download and comment >>>here<<<

[Image: wheelbarrow_set_1_1312465181.png]
Thanks given by:
Great job , but these wheelbarrows seems to have car wheels:D
Thanks given by:
It's nice, but quite fullbright.

A tip on that rust: Apply some monochromatic noise to it to make it more rusty - then fiddle with the blending a little if necessary.
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 11, 04:37PM)makkE Wrote: A tip on that rust: Apply some monochromatic noise to it
Thanks for the tip makkE but how do I do that? I use PaintShopPro X2.

EDIT: Found how ;)

Thanks given by:
Try searching the manual for "noise" - if not, I am sure a plugin exsists...
If not, Gimp surely has a "add noise" filter. It's more photo- than paintspecific I guess..

EDIT: OK :D
Thanks given by:
Any better like that?
Package updated anyhow...

[Image: image10mc.png]
Thanks given by:
Errr... :)

I didn't mean on the whole skin, just on that rust layer - wich I assumed you had as a separate layer...
Thanks given by:
(04 Aug 11, 09:23PM)makkE Wrote: Errr... :)

I didn't mean on the whole skin, just on that rust layer - wich I assumed you had as a separate layer...
I didn't do the whole skin at once, I used different settings for each layers.

Thanks given by:
Well, the thing is, the result you get in the end is simply a noisier skin. Wich doesn't really add anything - remember that the skin will go through bilinear filtering anyways. I use noise mostly for rust, since it can simply emulate that busy texture rust has on only a few pixels.
Contrast that with a more clean texture and you get a nice contrast - noise up everything and you don't gain a rusty effect on the rust itself.
Thanks given by:
Nice one, and what does poly mean
Thanks given by:
Poly is short for Polygon. The models used in the game are made up of a bunch of polygons (usually triangles) that form the model. the more polys used in a model, the more computer power and space it takes up. Since AC is made to run on low end machines, most good modelers will keep things low poly so that they do not cause the user's computer to lag.
Explained in more detail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygonal_modeling
Thanks given by:
I got your point makkE.

btw, I also noticed that the handles are to close to each other, they should be where the legs are and vice-versa.

I'll sort this out when I'm back from England tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
just lawnmowers now DES|Cleaner...
Go on, you know you want to.

it dousnt look bad with the 'Rustier' effect on the whole skin. IMO
Thanks given by:
Updated, grips problem fixed and some textures changes.

Download link on original post.

[Image: wheelbarrow.png]
Thanks given by: