[MAP]ac_metro_beta
I started working on this one in October 2010. I abandoned it, but since I've returned to AC, I've decided to finish it up and release it. This is in beta. It's pretty much a bombed out, abandoned metro, fused with some industrial area. Would be nice to receive comments/criticism. :)

Oh right, yeah, I'm back in AC :D

[Image: 2z4bj7l.png]

Links:
Akimbo post
Download
Thanks given by:
I LOVE YOU SYNTAX
Thanks given by:
Welcome Back.

And I love the map :D
Thanks given by:
the map is very good IMO its like another version of mines but alot better...put it on NZ and TyD servers NOW!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Just had a 3vs3 @ ac_metro_beta... Its a VERY fun map! Especially if you AR! xD

Nicely thought out and well built! Gj Syntax!!!

Gonna put it on eQ's rotation for sure!

Oh and welcome back to AC! :D
Thanks given by:
Nice one man, we'll play some games on it when i get home soon! :D
Thanks given by:
Very AR-sprint friendly. :P
Thanks given by:
Well... now I have to phase out another map in favor of this one..

Damn XD
Thanks given by:
As you know I played the map in an inter with you. I thought it was a great map. I only have good things to say about the map. It seemed to work out as a 3v3 although I feel that there are some parts to close together. If you could enlarge those areas and put some boxes and stuff because I feel there is not enough cover in some places.
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 11, 05:28PM)bballn45 Wrote: As you know I played the map in an inter with you. I thought it was a great map. I only have good things to say about the map. It seemed to work out as a 3v3 although I feel that there are some parts to close together. If you could enlarge those areas and put some boxes and stuff because I feel there is not enough cover in some places.
Noted :)

I felt the same way too, the map is a bit too 'fast' as a result, and there's really no spaces to breathe and take a tactical pause. I'll be working on fixing it up when I get back home (my flight is today).
Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 11, 05:45PM)Syntax Wrote: I'll be working on fixing it up when I get back home (my flight is today).

The best way is to make a new map with what you learned.

Thanks given by:
(01 Aug 11, 10:24PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(01 Aug 11, 05:45PM)Syntax Wrote: I'll be working on fixing it up when I get back home (my flight is today).

The best way is to make a new map with what you learned.
I'd much rather get it out of beta first. But of course, I've gained a lot of experience making such a ostentatiously, excessively detailed map :) I'll probably be heading back to the board to draw up a new map. This stuff just gets addicting.
Thanks given by:
I've only had a look around, but it captures the "abandoned" vibe really well. :)

In that sense, you've done a great job.
Thanks given by:
Run-down, sort of industrial, and it's underground - I love this map.
Just one thing to gripe about: this barrel made me rage every time I bumped into it.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, great map, it looks very funny and intriguing to play, but except the railway nothing tells me it's a metro. ac_industrial maybe? :)
Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 11, 11:08AM)Andrez Wrote: Hmm, great map, it looks very funny and intriguing to play, but except the railway nothing tells me it's a metro. ac_industrial maybe? :)

Maybe if ac_industrialisies wasn't shortened to ac_industrial for the next version. :P
Thanks given by:
Tempest, I get a 403 when trying to access that image.
Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 11, 10:47AM)tempest Wrote: Run-down, sort of industrial, and it's underground - I love this map.
Just one thing to gripe about: this barrel made me rage every time I bumped into it.
I know what you mean. I've already removed it as I'm working on getting this out of a beta. :)

@RR: It's the barrel near RVSF base, I think. It's right at the exit, and if you're running away with a flag and get stuck on that, you will be a very, very angry man.
Thanks given by:
I didn't download when I said that, as my computer at that time couldn't run AC (ppc ubuntu 8.04, need I say more?)

I will check here soon enough. Weird that I got 403'ed, I never heard of that site :P
Thanks given by:
Nice map! i would love to play it!

and i just released a beta of ac_castle2
Thanks given by:
(02 Aug 11, 08:49PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Tempest, I get a 403 when trying to access that image.
Apparently, it doesn't like foreign referers. I never noticed that, since I have referers disabled. Fixed link: http://bayimg.com/lajhmaadg.jpg

(03 Aug 11, 07:17AM)Syntax Wrote: I know what you mean. I've already removed it as I'm working on getting this out of a beta. :)

@RR: It's the barrel near RVSF base, I think. It's right at the exit, and if you're running away with a flag and get stuck on that, you will be a very, very angry man.
Nice :) Yes, it was that one.
Thanks given by:
Oh, yes that one.

You could lower the cubes and make it sunk into the floor so it is only one cube high? Or you could remove the clipping from that mapmodel, and manually add clips to all of the others.

Or you could delete it :)
Thanks given by: