The U| CLA vs. RVSF Tourney
Not sure why it is called that...
No, only one island of Cuberia. Only one dictator. Only one civil war.
Thanks given by:
:D
That's why I always say: Leave the crazy fun ideas to the canadians!
Cuberia is gonna fall!
Thanks given by:
"Anyone and everyone is going to be able to,"
-I look forward to the BL report this thing generates.
Thanks given by:
I'm just wondering, what good maps would be part of the grassland region?
Thanks given by:
@Bullpup: Sorry, meant anyone who is not blacklisted :p
@Habluka: There are a few, although is it going to be the most difficult region to select maps for
Thanks given by:
no ac_depot or des3 :(
Thanks given by:
If this was using official maps then we could use wasteland or toxic for grassland...
Thanks given by:
This is relavent to my interests.

Now what I wanna know is if it's individual sign-ups, or like teams/clans? Because I'm too much of a social failure to join a clan so I've had to miss out on all the tournaments.
Thanks given by:
^: I'm pretty sure it's individual, since CLA and RVSF are the only teams.
Thanks given by:
Yes, individual players may sign up for the tourney, and will be assigned a team (however, the first few players to sign up *may* be able to choose their team).
Thanks given by:
Have you made a list of the players who have said they would like to participate?
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
Yay! I want to be with the CLA.
Thanks given by:
"I promise you that we will enter a new era of prosperity. Our economy will expand, our industries will reach incredible new levels of productivity, and everyone will have a home to live in, food to eat, a world class education, and an abundance of money to spend on all of life's pleasures. Cuberia will advance into a golden age! We will outpace our neighbors militarily, and boldly stand up to any enemies who threaten us. Scientifically, we will discover new and incredible things, and this island will be known as a place of great learning and knowledge. Cuberia will become the gem of this world! I, Kristopher Ucceran, will lead us there!"
The people's applause and shouts of approval drowned out even the sound of the thundering canons being fired. Their hero had come. Cuberia was about to be rescued from its pit of despair. Kristopher Ucceran's military coup was the greatest thing they would ever seen in their lives.

---- 20 YEARS LATER ----

The golden age had not come.
Cuberia's industries had not reached incredible levels of productivity. The homeless, the hungry, and the uneducated still migrated from city to city and town to town, desperate for work. On nearly every highway and road, the charred remnants of battles fought against invading foreigners still remained, along with the memorials erected to defenders who could not stand against their superior foes. Cuberia's science has also not reached the potential it had been promised, as the island's brightest young minds continued to leave for better lands. Everywhere, Cuberians felt the oppressive weight of a regime that had promised so much, and seemingly delivered so little. Rebellion was in the air. Men whispered in corners of overthrowing their corrupt overlords.

And yet, Kristopher Ucceran still had his supporters. The world had abandoned Cuberia, they argued. Economies around the world were failing, so how could Cuberia enter a golden age of prosperity, when other countries were struggling to survive? Even though the country has seen nothing but war for the past 20 years, this was not Kristopher Ucceran's fault. Cuberia's allies had abandoned her. The enemies of the tiny island nation had swooped in like vultures on their prey and attacked. Scientifically, Cuberia was not doing as badly as everyone wished to suggest. The state had hired many young geniuses to work on secret projects of great value. Kristopher Ucceran had not done so badly. Cuberia would surely be in utter ruin without him.

Over the past 20 years, the split between Ucceran's supporters and enemies had become increasingly large. At first, even those who opposed his military takeover had to admit that he was the leader Cuberia needed. They grudgingly conceded the fact that the monarchy had failed the country, and that Ucceran could be the man to correctly handle the running of the nation. Now, however, Ucceran's enemies were calling for him to step down. He had been no better than the selfish, corrupt kings. He had not served his people. Some were even calling for his execution. Ucceran's supporters, on the other hand, had never been more sure that he was the man that needed to be in charge of the country. He had selflessly sacrificed 20 years of his life in the service of his country. He had fearlessly fought for the country's pride internationally. He had even personally fought in the military through three campaigns. The fools who were calling for Ucceran's execution deserved to be thrown in jail for the rest of their lives.

It was in front of this polarized crowd that the dictator of Cuberia stood to commemorate his 20th year in office. Kristopher Ucceran's hair had turned from a dark brown to a light gray, and the incredible strength his arms had once known was now all but gone. Ucceran's eyes, however, had not changed a bit: they were still as cold and blue as they had ever been. Ucceran's speech had similarly not changed. He still spoke boldly of a bright future for Cuberia, even in the midst of such terrible troubles. The island nation would become a world power yet. Kristopher Ucceran would lead the nation into a new age.

As Ucceran's speech was about to come to a close, shouts of anger began erupting from the crowd. Enemies of the dictator booed, waved signs of protest, and loudly proclaimed the failures of the regime. Then, the crowd became a vortex of activity. Angry words and threats were exchanged between the supporters and enemies of Ucceran. They quickly turned on each other and began to fight. Men were beaten and crushed. Soon, members of the crowd were drawing out weapons. Blood was shed. Ucceran's personal guard, the Rabid Viper Special Forces, moved in to separate the warring factions in the crowd. However, it was already too late. One man, carrying a "Down with the Tyrant" sign, lay dead in the middle of the square. An furious roar rose up from those who wanted to see the end of the regime. This was the final straw. Ucceran's time was at an end.

---- ONE WEEK LATER ----

Following the violent events of Ucceran's commemorative speech, the people of Cuberia rapidly aligned themselves with two factions. There were those who would fight to see an immediate end to the reign of the dictator, and those who were willing to die to defend the reign of Ucceran. As the days passed, the regular army of Cuberia rapidly dissolved. Units disintegrated as men chose their side, and joined others around them who wished to fight for the same cause. Within one week's time, the military of Cuberia had completely disappeared. Two armed groups formed on opposite sides of the island.

The Cuber's Liberations Army declared the end of the illegal and terrible end of the hated tyrant, Kristopher Ucceran. They promised a democratic republic, that would follow when the nation had been conquered. The CLA forces rapidly formed up in the western desert region of Cuberia.

The Rabid Viper Special Forces were a group of soldiers ready to die to defend their hero, the great Kristopher Ucceran. They swore to end the pathetic and misguided rebellion and restore Cuberia to its true glory. The RVSF forces quickly prepared to fight from Ucceran's facilities in the eastern tundra.

---- THE PRESENT ----

Who will you choose to fight for? Will you defend the glorious dictatorship of the great Kristopher Ucceran, or end the terrible reign of the tyrant? The choice is yours...

Thanks given by:
is this tournament going to be between teams of 2-3 or are they essentially going to be whitelist only servers where you can't vote to change the maps and you record the wins and losses for each map to determine a winner?

Edit: nvm, this was a stupid question as most of it was already answered.
Thanks given by:
OMG! You found a hint!
Thanks given by:
[Image: bannerkqd.jpg]

It's come! Sign up for the U| CLA vs RVSF Tourney will start approximately 24 hours from now, register an account on u-clan.tk and check it out! I hope to see 100+ players involved in this tournament, so come and play!
Thanks given by:
* Orynge squeals with delight
Thanks given by:
* V-Man grabs Orynge's hands and jumps up and down, squealing
Thanks given by:
*Ronald_Reagan takes pictures for a new scandal report.
Thanks given by:
MyS are banned from U| servers. can we still subscribe?
Thanks given by:
you could use ac_fold for grassland, although its garbage xD
Thanks given by:
* DrauL jerks
Thanks given by:
I will play for some fun, Not in it to win since I don't know the maps. Zarj please let me know when this is / add my name to the list if you accept me in your tournament. Thanks :)
Thanks given by:
To sign up, just come onto the U| clans forums at u-clan.tk in roughly 10 hours.
@YourSister: we are discussing what to do about MyS
@Dreamer: ac_fold is being used :D All maps are from the AC community map pack
Thanks given by:
Clickable link
Thanks given by:
Thank you V-Man, I probably should have done that...
Thanks given by:
How exactly will this work? We'll make a team or every game there will be teams randomly picked?
Thanks given by:
All players in the tournament will be permanently assigned to either the CLA or RVSF team.
Also check out:
http://unbreakableclan.freeforums.org/rules-f30.html
The first 50 players so sign up for the tournament may choose their side, all other players will be assigned.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Information

You are not authorised to read this forum.

???
Thanks given by: