My disqualification from the ACWC
I think there have happened a misunderstanding. But, the basic rules is; don't never give your personal password, never. So, I think the both parties are in charge of this case. But still, Castiel was just trying to help, not " hacking " anything on purpose.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 11, 01:49PM)castiel Wrote: Lets say 2 kids are playing soccer in the park. One kid does a mis-kick and the ball ends up on the road causing an accident. Would you charge the kid for causing the accident? Of course not as it was not done on purpose.

^ Thus +1 to Castiel's scenario

My $0.96

i think we hit a dollar ory
I'll also be expecting that special warning from you my lovely V :P <3
From any one else would just be gay absolutely and utterly homosexual.

Mod edit: ok ok fine here you go
Thanks given by:
Luc@s: You don't trust Castiel, yet put him infront of a large project, wow you are dumb.

Mod edit: user warned for non-contributing post and rudeness
Thanks given by:
ok

this is what happened.

daylixx/harrek needed help, and thus chose to provide castiel with the password.

castiel tried to help... He may have done something wrong, but it was not on purpose. it was an ACCIDENT.

castiel is banned for trying to help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6da6tJjuQBE
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 11, 09:46AM)Luc@s Wrote: get a life

i can tell you are an assaultcube dev and acwc leader by your obviously well thought-out and intelligent response

(29 Jul 11, 09:46AM)Luc@s Wrote: Now about the sanction. What should i do then ? Some guys just don't understand what's the problem (maybe because of its technical aspect) so of course my decision sounds a bit rude for them. But i just can't let this unpunished. And the first and only sanction that came in my mind was to kick him from the tournament; instead of legal actions as said above. Seriously it's a light sanction compared to the offense.

lol @ you thinking you actually have the option of legally sanctioning castiel

he lives in australia bro

(29 Jul 11, 09:46AM)Luc@s Wrote: Castiel obliged me to react here with his thread. Also he obviously wanted to oblige me to change my decision, he knew he would get some approbation involving people who are clearly not able to make their statement about this technical issue.

i am a web developer and programmer myself and i still think you're blowing this way out of proportion

Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 11, 02:02PM)Xenon Wrote: Luc@s: You don't trust Castiel, yet put him infront of a large project, wow you are dumb.
i trusted him until recent events.. but why do i keep trying to explain that to you.

(29 Jul 11, 02:38PM)MusicMan10 Wrote: i can tell you are an assaultcube dev and acwc leader by your obviously well thought-out and intelligent response
I'm just putting myself at your level. Sorry, next time i will simply ignore your posts

(29 Jul 11, 02:13PM)kingCHUBBY Wrote: ok

this is what happened.

daylixx/harrek needed help, and thus chose to provide castiel with the password.

castiel tried to help... He may have done something wrong, but it was not on purpose. it was an ACCIDENT.

castiel is banned for trying to help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6da6tJjuQBE
I think you've misunderstood. The password harrek and daylixx gave has nothing to do with the password castiel stole on purpose. It's not an accident.

I'm tired of repeating myself and to suffer the marks of those who don't understand the situation or who just wait for 1 little thing to flame.
I will no longer explain my decision, i think everything was said.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 11, 03:03PM)Luc@s Wrote: I think you've misunderstood. The password harrek and daylixx gave has nothing to do with the password castiel stole on purpose. It's not an accident.

I'm tired of repeating myself and to suffer the marks of those who don't understand the situation or who just wait for 1 little thing to flame.
I will no longer explain my decision, i think everything was said.

no. YOU are the one which has misunderstood.

Read what he posted again Luc@s.

The reason he took your password:

(28 Jul 11, 04:07PM)castiel Wrote: # I was ONLY trying to help, nothing else. All my actions were in an attempt to help Harrek and DaylixX

# I did not know it was lucas's personal server, I thought it was a w00p clan server

# I did not email lucas about this as I was informed/thought that he was unreachable(that's why I thought they contacted me not him)

# I attained the MySQL username and password so I could easily view the content of the database, not for ANY other reason

# As lucas said there are other ways to get the data(without the username/password) but it was late and I just wanted a simple solution + at the time I did not think it would be an issue

He has also apologized for his mistake in getting your password... he was just trying to help, but he may have done it in the wrong way.
Thanks given by:
Ok, give me more warning points or ban for this but in the politest way Luc@s, you are trying to fuck AUS over. You are a AC DEV, Castiel made a mistake and your saying he did it on purpose, seriously, suck a dick.

Mod edit: sigh.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 11, 03:03PM)Luc@s Wrote: I'm tired of repeating myself and to suffer the marks of those who don't understand the situation or who just wait for 1 little thing to flame.

i think YOU are the one who doesn't understand the situation

(29 Jul 11, 03:03PM)Luc@s Wrote: I will no longer explain my decision, i think everything was said.

TRANSLATION:

i am being completely unreasonable but it's too late to admit it now so i'm going to pretend that the discussion is over

honestly lucas i expected better from you. all you're doing at this point is tarnishing your reputation and putting the validity of this year's ACWC into question
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 11, 03:29PM)MusicMan10 Wrote:
(29 Jul 11, 03:03PM)Luc@s Wrote: I'm tired of repeating myself and to suffer the marks of those who don't understand the situation or who just wait for 1 little thing to flame.

i think YOU are the one who doesn't understand the situation
Firstly, that's wrong, and secondly, the server is his, so obviously you understand the situation so much better...
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 11, 04:27PM)tempest Wrote: Firstly, that's wrong, and secondly, the server is his, so obviously you understand the situation so much better...

yes it is quite obvious thank you for agreeing with me

Thanks given by:
:O Thread needs to be closed.(and I'm almost always in favor of keeping them open.)
Less violence please. Castiel did his apology and left the decision in Luc's hands. And Luc@s can make the decision as he wants, whether its warranted or not. The back and forth "you're stupid;;;no you're stupid!" stuff... won't change his mind.

so Castiel supporters every forum member doesn't need to speak anymore. You'll just get warning points, or end up in one of the walls of text saying "you not dev so u dumbz." All pointless and unnecessary.

and luc@s supporters other devs(tempest ftw!) who are forced to take luc@s's side, you're better off closing the thread to prevent random flaming, and prevent Luc yelling at everyone that they don't understand.

All the thread is doing is giving bad reps to ACWC and a dev.
Less splitting the community into two sides, and more <3
Let them settle it nicely through pm's. :)

Thanks given by:
lol xD

phpmyadmin is open door for hackers, never publish it in your server, it is funny to read that scripts xD so many programs have artificial holes, it is naive to believe your system is secure xD

I would turn the discussion a bit other way, how you can believe your coopcoder that he will not implement his hole ? how you would solve it ?
Thanks given by:
(29 Jul 11, 03:21PM)Xenon Wrote: Luc@s, you are trying to fuck AUS over.

AUS don't need Lucas, they already have Undead and Xenon as projet leaders.
And between, i don't know who said that players who use the "Fra|" tag (or w00p| etc...) have advantages (what advantages lol,1UP extra-life?) on hlin/dula servers but it's as stupid as what you just said and i put this example in the same case.
And ofc you know as me that's an easy sentense.

This post is your perfect example.

Thanks given by:
Okay, hold up.
Am I the only guy who sees that castiel has learnt his lesson? Is there really any need for a "sanction"(whatever that may be: legal action (LOL) or banning castiel from ACWC)? I mean in terms of humanity alone, this is pretty out of order.

Let's come back to Earth, it's seemingly obvious that whatever castiel did was only to solve the problem(a point which has been raised numerous times already) and that he had no bad intentions whatsoever. Having said that, he did make a mistake in doing so and he acknowledges that. IIRC he's also apologised for that mistake. There's not much more he can do?

I mean providing he knows what he's done, and he knows how it's caused a problem, AND he shows regret for it, I can't (and I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one) see any reason to disqualify him from ACWC.
Thanks given by:
(30 Jul 11, 12:29AM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(29 Jul 11, 03:21PM)Xenon Wrote: Luc@s, you are trying to fuck AUS over.
AUS don't need Lucas, they already have Undead and Xenon as projet leaders.
The A team is now down to 4 players, and I and all other aussies have went to AUS B :(

Thanks given by:
i know i havent got anything to do with this but i think if a punishment is going to be given out how about a small excuding of acwc. just for this acwc or for the most part. i agree a punishment is needed but a full ban is a bit over the top. thats just my opinion, you dont need to even think about it but from reading this, castiel did do wrong but it was for somebody else, and castiel didnt think about what they did. a small punishment for the ignorance of their act but not a full ban.
Thanks given by:
Castiel is sorry yes, but that doesn't mean he did anything wrong, therefore the ban from the tournament. Excluding him from the ACWC website it's the way Luc@s had to show him he doesn't trust him anymore.

It's a sad mistake I bet Castiel will never make again, and we all could learn from it.
Thanks given by: