My_server
Hey Guys,
I have got a problem about my server, most of the people cant find my server in the list...not that no one joins..people do come...but most of the time i have to get my ip on www.whatsmyip.com and give it to my friends for them to connect to my server...what can i do so that my server is visible all the time to people like other servers are to me..
does it have anything to do with my ip..coz its not dynamic..it keeps changing from time to time. :)
Thanks given by:
Do you get any messages from the master server, like "could not ping you"?
If I understood you correctly, your server is on the list from time to time?
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 11, 08:43AM)tempest Wrote: Do you get any messages from the master server, like "could not ping you"?
If I understood you correctly, your server is on the list from time to time?

No,i dont get such messages...its like my server is on and people do connect but not everyone cant connect....so i have to give them my ip to connect...and also in the server list...except for the servers which i am able to see on a normal basis...there are servers which i am able to join....but it says like 12.23.15.45 [ waiting for server to response ]
there are mny of those...and i can join them..dont know how but never see their names in the serverlist and i guess thats the same problem with my server...people cant see it..

Thanks given by:
If it basically works - just not reliably - I'd wager you have a high-ping or high-latency issue.
Please don't tell us that you're trying to run a server on a wireless connection - ATM this is what I'd put my money on, wireless is terrible for UDP based connections (which ENet does); there's just too much packet-loss.
Thanks given by:
Nah...i m not on wireless..it sucks ! :P
It must be the high ping ! I just took that internet speed test..it said my upload speed is 0.38 Mbps..i guess i cant host a stable server... :|
Thanks given by:
your best bet is to pay for a server to be hosted. you can host i server, since it has a relatively low latency, but like you said, it acts crazily. i assume ur on broadband, like myself. like i said, its easier to pay for one to be ran, if you can afford it. lol
Thanks given by:
I would rather pay for a much faster internet connection :P
which will also help in hosting a server xD
Thanks given by: