Auto-banned for playing MEGATOWERS_REWIND
I know this might sound dubious, but I just received a ban to Server Finland 1 for playing this map. The map has two steep diagonal ladders in the middle and high platforms at both ends. It is possible to move really fast on the ladders by tapping jump while straferunning. I was using this technique to pwn a server of about 20 players, scoring nice 1300+ points in CTF while the second best player had something like 400+. Suddenly (just before the match's end), the server kicked me with the following message:

server network error, disconnecting (auto-kick - abnormal client behaviour detected) ...

I tried to reconnect immediately, only to be greeted with this message:

server network error, disconnecting (connection refused - you have been banned from this server) ...

God honest, I was not cheating. I've played AC for almost two years and have never even installed a script. I think my perfectly legal ladder technique must have triggered the auto-ban logic on the server. As much as I appreciate the disappearing of cheaters from the AC servers in the new version, it should not ban people for legitimate techniques :)
Thanks given by:
Cheat detection is likely to blame. My guess would be cheat detection does not have tolerance for extended periods of strafe jumping up a staircase. The longer you strafe jump the faster your average speed is and that is possibly a factor in your kick. The official maps do not have staircases long enough and the server can probably determine if you are falling, or it is impossible to fall long enough to produce such a response.

Also, I think those bans only last 20 minutes, or the server default. I don't think the server would alter an owner's blacklist automatically and without consultation.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I am no more banned from the server, it was only a temporary ban. Kind of makes sense that official maps have no enough long ladders to trigger this.
Thanks given by: