FPS Problem
I have a problem with my fps, usually it is up in the 200's, but lately, it's been randomly going down to 14 and below, and I have no idea as to what the problem could me, I really wish someone here could help me.
Thanks given by:
checked if something is running in the background?
Thanks given by:
Maybe you install something like:
My Personal Ladder or The Achievement script? I had my personal ladder and my pfs went to hell, from 150 to 60 or less.
Thanks given by:
mine is always in 20 tp 60
Thanks given by:
Look if you didn't delete a .cfg in your config file.
Thanks given by:
andifitdoes?
Thanks given by:
Have you installed any scripts recently?
Thanks given by:
FSAA on?
Thanks given by:
If you have dual gfx cards make sure you're using the right one.
Thanks given by:
See I have no Idea of what most of you are talking about, and to jack, No, Wolf, No.
Thanks given by:
The problem can be any number of things. You should first check that the problem actually occurs too even if you have just booted your PC, no other programs running except AC.
If it does then you should :
  1. quit AC
  2. move your saved.cfg to backup_saved.cfg (or something like it)
  3. rename your autoexec.cfg too - see above, Q's about scripts
  4. retry AC
In general you should try to remember what you did to your computer shortly before you started noticing the change. Any new drivers, background-processes, AC-scripts, hardware, ...
Thanks given by:
Okay Flow, I will never, EVER pick Option #1.

And I just realized I haven't restarted my comp since this Problem started occuring, I'll see if this helps at all, but like I said this happens at random, so I might not get results for a while, and If I don't that should be a good thing.
Thanks given by:
Those weren't options. However that was sweet.

He meant as in the /quit command, ctr-q, scroll down the menu and select quit :)

You should always give your computer some rest. If it doesn't prolong its life, computers are power hogs. You should aways pay respect to mother earth.

The options flow gave you were really steps to help solve your problem if rebooting doesn't work. These basically make sure no scripts are dropping your fps.

One script mentioned was the MPL (my personal ladder), scripts like these relying heavly on conline shouldn't make fps spikes, as they are always running at the same rate. However, they will very possibly drop your fps. Sometimes by quite a lot. AFAIK, MPL is the most engine heavy script out there.
Thanks given by:
Yea, but I don't have achievements or mpl.
Thanks given by:
By a bizarre coincidence, this happened to me yesterday. I tried everything to fix it, short of restarting the computer. Finally today it twigged what was different; my eldest son had logged in to his account on the PC too, and had then switched to my account, leaving his logged in. The extra user was draining the resources, not enough to notice in anything else, but enough to kill the FPS.
I realise it's unlikely your computer has been running all this time, or that you have another account logged in, but I suggest looking carefully at other running processes and checking for malware.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the advice jamz, I've check most of my things for Malware, and found nothing.
Thanks given by:
maybe it just doesn't like you
Thanks given by:
Maybe you should just stop trying to annoy me?
Thanks given by:
You can always reinstall, and see if the issue remains.
Thanks given by:
Have you looked at the processes Duckett?
Thanks given by:
Like Jack said, I would reinstall.
Thanks given by:
I had this problem for a couple of monthes, last year.

I don't know what happened, but one day my FPS suddenly jumped back to 50. >.<

I decided that my computer is inconsistent, or something.
Thanks given by:
This happens to me, when I have waterreflection on, and I'm in the near of water.
Then my FPS is going down from 70 to 4 xD
Thanks given by:
Dementium4ever: this would fall under the "reliably repeatable issue".
From what I understood of the problem this occurs for all the time, not just in areas requiring high processing power (or - if you like - hardware-appropriate settings).
Thanks given by:
@everyone blaming MPL:
The latest version drops me from 65 FPS to 63 FPS. GTFO.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jul 11, 10:22PM)V-Man Wrote: @everyone blaming MPL:
The latest version drops me from 65 FPS to 63 FPS. GTFO.

and if you're lying turn your soul into a skeleton
Thanks given by: