AC Premier League WINNERS
Hi
Today, I have the honour to declare, what is, a successful end to this year's premier league. After three months of fascinating matches and fierce fights, I am glad to present the following winners:
1st place : Makes You Sick
2nd place : Owning Noobs Everywhere
3rd place : Digital Reborn

Winners could host in thier site official medals pics in two versions : black (for black or white site) and white (for white site) text) :
[Image: 1st_white.gif]
[Image: 2nd_white.gif]
[Image: 3rd_white.gif]

Also, i will send wiki code to put in wiki pages of clan in PM to leaders.

Additional information about league :
Main page
Wiki page
IRC #PremierLeague

Epilogue.
I am grateful to all clans and players which have taken part in making the league a successful one, and especially, I wish to express my gratitude to the five clans which have played fairly, and from my point of view, are the pride of our AC community and I will explain why.

AC, first of all, is a FPS game. The game has developers, coders, people who simply communicate, but it lacks competitiveness. The occasional clan match is like friendly matches in football, they do not show who is best.

With such tendencies, I do not see a future for the game, with clans breaking up and players changing clans more and more often. It is possible to count the stable and well established clans (old clans), but most of them don’t show much activity in game anymore.

I hope our league will encourage more battles within the game and support AC in continuing to be a fun FPS game with a competitive side.
Thanks given by:
I thought legacy. said they would win for sure?
congratz MyS!
Thanks given by:
Legacy have same number points as dR, but less guest wins, so they are #4.
Thanks given by:
Congratz to MyS, oNe and |dR|.

(17 Jul 11, 05:10AM)Shorty Wrote: I thought legacy. said they would win for sure?
congratz MyS!

We stopped them :D
Thanks given by:
'We' stopped them? What do you mean Sepehr
Thanks given by:
I could just tell you right now what he means , but i won't.

Grat'z to all clans.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 11, 09:42AM)CicloN Wrote: I could just tell you right now what he means , but i won't.

Grat'z to all clans.

Yeah, don't care about Shorty.

Congratz for MyS.
Thanks given by:
Thanks
Thanks given by:
Congratulations =MyS=, |oNe| and |dR| and all those who are bellow you :D
Thanks given by:
Shorty: legacy played |dR| at home. If legacy won they would come tie first but they lost 0-2 so they came 4th :)
Thanks given by:
xenon. there would've been a 'tiebreaker' match then :D
Thanks given by:
Well, we could of tied but Larry played :X
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 11, 12:56PM)Xenon Wrote: Well, we could of tied but Larry played :X

Here we go with excuses. Could of, would of, but didn't.

Congrats to MyS, and gg's to the other participating teams
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 11, 05:10AM)Shorty Wrote: I thought legacy. said they would win for sure?

(17 Jul 11, 09:08AM)Sepehr Wrote: Congratz to MyS, oNe and |dR|.

congratz MyS!

We stopped them :D

(17 Jul 11, 09:42AM)CicloN Wrote: I could just tell you right now what he means , but i won't.

(17 Jul 11, 12:56PM)Xenon Wrote: Well, we could of tied but Larry played :X

Seriously guys...? Let's try to let this bs away from (at least) this thread.

Congratulations to everyone who played, specially MyS!
Thanks given by:
I would like to open discussion about rules and system of league.

1. How do you like it ?
2. What do you think better to change ?
3. What can we add to league ?
Thanks given by:
Maybe set maps - not home/away. Server should be based on equal ping ^^
I liked the league
Add: More teams ^^
Thanks given by:
Make a cup, not a league. There's no perfect solution mathematically to finding the best team but I've observed that cups (especially double elimination cups) tend to give "better" results.

Have map rotations and have both sides played. Total flags should be compared. As I mentioned in another thread, I don't think frags should be considered essentially because it encourages camping... and often doesn't make the better team win (I've got alot of wins this way).

Require the use of fixed servers (i.e. servers with the attackmillis fix and without anticheat). The lack of anticheat is no cause for concern since it doesn't catch subtle cheaters anyway (and there are no obvious cheaters in competitive play). It's possible to cheat in completely undetectable ways anyway (wallhacks, radar hacks, ESP, sniper crosshairs, etc...). But if the futility of the situation doesn't convince you, you can always analyze the demos with the anticheat after the game so you lose nothing.

Change the rules so that teams do not have to stop if an enemy team's player lags out. This rule is extremely common and the only sensible one since other rules can lead to abuse and/ or wasting time (which may be advantageous to the team with the disconnected player).

Sauerbraten Dangerous Monkeys Championship Rules Wrote:Q. WHY DON'T YOU PAUSE THE GAME WHEN A PLAYER DISCONNECTS DURING THE MATCH?

A. It could be abused. Example: in a 1on1 you might to interrupt your opponent when he's on a run and frags you several times in a row. If we gave the opportunity to halt the game by disconnecting, this would create a strong incentive to do so whenever you seem out of luck. We believe that something only the disconnecting party is accountable for should not be of any disadvantage for the opponent.

Emphasis mine.
Thanks given by:
Congrats MyS

Maybe have another league for clans that can't compete with the the top clans in it now?
Thanks given by:
Congratulations Mys , and also oNe , dR
Thanks given by: