Introduction // recent opinions...
Introduction:

Hi AC-community!

You might know me yet, but for all guys who don't, I'll introduce myself.

I'm 20 years old, and in RL I'm called Benson, too. I live in Bavaria, Germany. I'm playing AC since summer '07 (version 0.93). I started loving (t)osok desert and just played this map/mode for the first months. Then i started to try out for ctf, when i met Mile in the pubs. He recruited me for aCKa, my first clan.
After that i was in BME. When it crashed, Impakt'd told me to apply for oNe, which i did successfully.
Elite asked me then to lead LC (which was founded by him), and this clan defenitely rocked.
Though i got inactive because of personal reasons (almost for 1 year) and came back in summer '10 (1.1. came out) equipped with a new laptop and mouse :)
I trained together with the guys from epic., who showed me some tactics and helped a lot to get my skills back. Then finally i joined =MyS=. [I'm no clanhopper, this happened in 4 years :D]

Why do I introduce myself after 4 years? -- I always liked just to be ingame, if i had time to play. Forums, Irc etc. aren't my best friends^^

Recent opinions

Today I got insulted on public servers by |DES|tipper.
First he called WolfSRB and me "scum", then he accused me in public to cheat/hack. He said that lots of players think, that I'd cheat.

ofc, everyone can form his own opinion. But at the moment, when he's talking in public about it almost as a fact, i feel personally offended.
I don't want to hear my name associated with hack in general. That's defamation. Nothing else.
[btw there are a lot of better players than me, imo, but tipper said they all hack] He (tipper) is just a recent example - there are some guys in well-known/older clans who act the same way.

One result of this mindset is, that almost all very good players don't play in pubs any more.
Ac should be attractive for skilled players, they shouldn't be chased away by those haters.
Feel free to discuss.

Cheers, Benson

Addendum:

(02 Jul 11, 06:22PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: 6) I’m staggered by the number of players who don’t pick up armour and then wonder if the player they can’t kill is cheating.

Bingo!
Thanks given by:
Once (if) tipper comes up with valid, objective proof for his claim, he is free to call you whatever he wants.
Thanks given by:
WolfSRB get bl for aimbot but he's far better that everyone at aiming.
Too mutch players don't know about reflex-shot. (it can scare yourself)
Thanks given by:
Do you have proof?
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 11, 02:58AM)V-Man Wrote: Once (if) tipper comes up with valid, objective proof for his claim, he is free to call you whatever he wants.

And at the moment he has nothing, cause there is nothing. So he shall stfu.
Thanks given by:
Precisely.
Thanks given by:
Hi!

Please dont cheat if you do.
Please dont cheat if you dont.

Welcome to these forums (possibly welcome back? Were you here 0.93?)
Thanks given by:
Hello Benson , long time i haven't seen you :).

Don't mind about tipper , once , he left the server and before he did : Pff , oNe player , and he left.
http://pastebin.com/Sx9PtkSg - LOL
Thanks given by:
hey Benson, good to see you're back to business!
Thanks given by:
I prefer to play twintowers to play on a server of the ladder or whatever your name wolfSRB

Thanks given by:
haha seems like someone is mad.
Thanks given by:
^_^
Thanks given by:
sim estou loco :)
Thanks given by:
Same old cries, different people

I know that feel, bro
Thanks given by:
Don't mind tipper. He's the typical old man who claims to be wise and always right on everything. For example, everytime he comes here, it is just to write a bunch of (obvious) endless words to moan about something wrong. Happens, just don't care about that, and of course, don't start to hack.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! :D
Thanks given by:
Lol.
He ragequits when I splatter him xD.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 11, 10:45PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Lol.
He ragequits when I splatter him xD.

And you cry with joy :)

Hey Benson
Thanks given by:
Thank you all for the warm and friendly welome!

Didn't know that tipper has such psychic problems. I'm sorry about that. Poor guy.
Thanks given by:
He hasnt got any problems
Thanks given by:
DES| on the defensive? (joke)
Nah he play smg so he's my friend. :)
Thanks given by:
Benson i see you a lot in game so, hi?
Thanks given by:
It isn't problem if one player suspects another of hacking, it is problem if that player has a power to blacklist you ;) therefore such thread here, the freedom of mind ends with your power and your responsibility, so you cannot express whatever if you have certain position, it is the tax for that position. And veteran or clan leader is such position.

So you must have more proofs than that noob who lost that match and is mad and have need to express "you are f*cking hacker".

In AC "pro" level is very nooby in the comparison to other games, have you tried other FPS ?
I have no illusions about "we are all noobs here".
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 11, 12:48PM)Alien Wrote: It isn't problem if one player suspects another of hacking, it is problem if that player has a power to blacklist you ;) therefore such thread here, the freedom of mind ends with your power and your responsibility, so you cannot express whatever if you have certain position, it is the tax for that position. And veteran or clan leader is such position.

So you must have more proofs than that noob who lost that match and is mad and have need to express "you are f*cking hacker".

I don't care about power or position. Tipper accused me in public without any proof (and not because of any rage) and that is defamation.

(17 Jul 11, 12:48PM)Alien Wrote: In AC "pro" level is very nooby in the comparison to other games, have you tried other FPS ?
I have no illusions about "we are all noobs here".

That's why I said, we shouldn't chase away the skilled players. AC will never have the aspiration to be the game full of Pro's, who earn money with FPS-playing. But if I (i'm far away from beeing a pro) get accused and hated, all better players will be.
Thanks given by:
tipper accuses everyone of cheating because he has nothing to do.
Thanks given by:
Well, I don't know what else has to be said here.

Do you need a public apologize from tipper, retracting of what he said? I honestly expect this thread getting trolled or becoming a big issue before that happen. Truth is this game has always had this kind of preconception, quietly or public, is nothing new.

Feel flattered and see the bright side: he is a pretty skilled player and stands out over the rest. so if at his eyes you are more than something normal average player, be happy and move on lol

If you are confident of your own skills and there's no proof that second these accusations, you shouldn't worry about your reputation getting "dirt" or yourself blacklisted. and if these clan members won't you in their servers for x reason else complain with them or just deal with it, after all they can do whatever they want on their servers, no, i don't support it but is reality

Unless tipper has anything to say on his own defense this should be locked before the troll bait hook him in and we forget about the point of this thread, if yet does have one.
Thanks given by:
Hello Benson

I fully understand what you are feeling.
In few months of game, I realized the game was full of cheaters. At the same time, some "experts" suspected from me in a first moment. This is a horrible feeling.
But this is intrinsic of this game... even the smallest lag (client side or server side) will make people suspect from other people. And note... I am not that excellent player... against the "pro", I am a newb.

My mistake was to dance the music of the paranoid "experts". This was poisonous to me and to the community. I lost a huge amount of time watching demos, and discussing evidences. And they feed me until I found some of them were cheating too ("you cannot blacklist my friends").

So I do not discuss anymore.

Today, if some jerk start to say someone is cheating (and it is not an obvious one), and I have admin rights in the server, I simply ban the idiot (no matter if it is a respected asshole).
Thanks given by:
happens to me all the time too benson, all the time....
Thanks given by:
Sometimes it is real, Hellspell... sometimes.
Thanks given by:
So sue me Benson.

I get called a cheat most days and I don’t come here crying like a spoilt kid. Get over yourself. You’ll get plenty more of it if sever owners allow you to play.

Proving a cheat, as most that cheat are aware, is extremely difficult if not virtually impossible. Brahma’s anti cheat is virtually useless and further analysis takes vast amounts of time and recourses and even then you will likely find it will be players such as myself who in the end interpret what insufficient data there is and pass judgment.
It’s the way of the world son and if you ever grow up, something you need to bear in mind.
As you pointed out in your post, it was hardly an accusation in a fit of rage so you may take it as my considered opinion from over 4 years of watching other cheats play.

Now if I had banned you or kicked you from the server, which if I recall the server, I had the power to do then you may have a point in posting. But, I didn’t and attempting to appeal to what passes as these days as the “ac community” for redress for your injured pride is pointless because they don’t care and probably also think you cheat but don’t have the balls to tell you.

So as someone else pointed out, feel flattered, go away and pump your injured pride up again and while you still exhibit such unusual accuracy be prepared to get called a cheat often.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 11, 05:40PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: So sue me Benson.

I get called a cheat most days and I don’t come here crying like a spoilt kid. Get over yourself. You’ll get plenty more of it if sever owners allow you to play.

Proving a cheat, as most that cheat are aware, is extremely difficult if not virtually impossible. Brahma’s anti cheat is virtually useless and further analysis takes vast amounts of time and recourses and even then you will likely find it will be players such as myself who in the end interpret what insufficient data there is and pass judgment.
It’s the way of the world son and if you ever grow up, something you need to bear in mind.
As you pointed out in your post, it was hardly an accusation in a fit of rage so you may take it as my considered opinion from over 4 years of watching other cheats play.

Now if I had banned you or kicked you from the server, which if I recall the server, I had the power to do then you may have a point in posting. But, I didn’t and attempting to appeal to what passes as these days as the “ac community” for redress for your injured pride is pointless because they don’t care and probably also think you cheat but don’t have the balls to tell you.

So as someone else pointed out, feel flattered, go away and pump your injured pride up again and while you still exhibit such unusual accuracy be prepared to get called a cheat often.

You get called a cheater by unarmed maybe. That's a small, but important difference. I was really shocked, that you as a well-known player say such things. But now people told me, that you are, what you are.

I don't think that my behaviour shows any characteristics of a spoilt kid. I just don't want lies to be spread.

So you have balls? It's so easy to accuse skilled players based on the policy that it isn't possible to prove your accuses.
If you had some balls, you would play against me 1v1. Not because of the result or anything - just to see how I play. You can't judge sensefully based on your big knowledge watching my gameplay on pubs. We played rarely against/with each other.

"DES is about honesty, friendliness, maturity etc": Yes you showed us all these principles of your clan.
Defamation, hidden threats (yes you have so much power, you could ban/kick me from the server), maturity ("Oh my son, you have to learn how things keep going in this dark world." - maturity has nothing to do with acrimony and non-recognation of skill.)

And my injured pride: I was always known for playing fair, winning fair and losing fair - I have no need to pump up anything, as I said there are lots of better players in this game. But if the great veteran soldier tipper thinks, that my accuracy is so unusually good, I feel so pride that I really don't need to pump up anything.

Thanks given by: