Can't get server.sh to start
As the title says, I cannot get server.sh to start. I have downloaded all necessary libraries and done the make install thing but every I try to do it it has one error message at the bottom of the terminal:

cp: cannot create regular file `../../bin_unix/native_server': Text file busy
make: *** [install] Error 1

Also, the weird thing is that sometimes it actually does work. I have no idea what i do differently at those times but it just works.

Edit: Now after restarting my computer, I dont get the error message anymore when make installing. But the server.sh still wont start.

Thanks in advance,
-SplatZ
Thanks given by:
Try starting server.sh with nothing else open..?
Thanks given by:
does server.sh links to bin_unix/native_server ?
Thanks given by:
That error message means that you already had at least one instance of the server running.

Do you get another message now?
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 10, 09:42AM)tempest Wrote: That error message means that you already had at least one instance of the server running.

Do you get another message now?
mmh in this case the message is "could not create server info socket" or something like that no ?
Thanks given by:
No. If he has one running and then runs "make install", he will get that error (obviously, you can't write over an executable that's running atm).
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 10, 09:53AM)tempest Wrote: No. If he has one running and then runs "make install", he will get that error (obviously, you can't write over an executable that's running atm).

(23 Jul 10, 01:22AM)SplatZ Wrote: Edit: Now after restarting my computer, I dont get the error message anymore when make installing. But the server.sh still wont start.
;)
Thanks given by:
I now understand the problem. Sometimes when I start server.sh i hit run instead of run in terminal. Then because I cannot cancel it since its running in the background the server does not run. Thanks for your help, I can now get it working 10/10 times!
:D
Thanks given by:
you can stop it but you need to kill the process
Thanks given by:
And how would i go about doing that?
Thanks given by:
try typing 'man kill' or 'man killall' in the terminal
Thanks given by: