Serverbrowser suggestions
I was thinkin of:

1) rearrange server browser in colums. No offence, but at the moment it's seem kinda a huge .txt list file :(. Think it would be nice to see it organized into colums, eg.

[COUNTRY] | SERVER | MAP NAME | GAME MODE | PLAYERS | PING |
| | | | | |
the one in the square braket may be added? (country of the server hosting matches). also, increase font dim.?( useful for the shortsightened users like me :) )

Maybe are these simple ideas to enact? I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT PROGRAMMING.. so reply/comments/other feature suggestion from the community would be appreciated...

Thanks given by:
You're referring to the in-game server search function? It _can_ already be organized in columns..

Edit: actually, it can only be sorted according to your wishes (ping, map, etc.). IMO it's fine as it is, although displaying the country where the server is hosted would be a nice addition.

Edit2: Btw, there's no need to write the title in caps

Edit3: I also know nothing about programming.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 11, 04:39PM)titiPT Wrote: You're referring to the in-game server search function? It _can_ already be organized in columns..

YEAS! May explain how to do? remmber "I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT PROGRAMMING" so could tell in the more simple way in the universe, please?
Thanks given by:
Hellraiser, stop opening a thread for every idea you have. There's an idea thread already, use it.
Thanks given by:
hellraiser: you seem to be talking about the text-file "servers.cfg" - this is just the base-data from which the in-game-serverbrowser works-up the display.
As has been pointed out - the in-game browser is already sortable by different columns and has many other settings to help you find your game.
But this also doesn't mean that I myself (for example) see a lot of potential improvements to the serverbrowser.

Andrez: mmh. you're really right, but .. this is a totally different aspect IMHO here .. especially since the origin of the question seems to be the confusion of the poster between text-files and gui-interface :-P .. so, don't be mad at me, but I've re-opened this thread.
Thanks given by:
I think I know what he's talking about. Currently, you get 2 (3) columns in the front, which are (fav) ping players, and then you get another one which is just one string consisting of map, mode, IP and server description. Wouldn't it be nice if those were all separate columns?
Thanks given by:
Piping!
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20110719.jpg]

So confusing, do we really need IP/port (if it's usefull why don't put this under [AC ladder] {TyD}Beacon, under columns?).
Who use fav? (i don't speak at servers owners <:)

Thanks given by:
(12 Jul 11, 04:54PM).ExodusS* Wrote: http://i42.servimg.com/u/f42/15/62/73/68/20110719.jpg

So confusing, do we really need IP/port (if it's usefull why don't put this under [AC ladder] {TyD}Beacon, under columns?).

you can hide IP & port.
Thanks given by:
lmfao wtf is exodus really blacklisted on our servers????? xD
Thanks given by:
Why is the title to long and confusing(ly useless)?
Thanks given by:
Same here. Not only useless, I actually found that quite rude tbh.
Thanks given by: