Should I blacklist him?
Hey!

I recently about a week ago launched a server.
(If needed, link is: /connect brisingr.dyndns.org 2001)

Today, I was on the server, & playing along with others, on custom 40+ map, Space_Douze, in mode OSOK.
Everyone had agreed on KNIFE only match, even before starting the mode/map. So, we had a good knife fight. At '2 minutes to go' moment, a person joins, & starts breaking the negotiated environment of Knife match. I ask him to use KNIFE, since we're having a knife match... & his replies are... Defensive, attacking, repulsive, & obscene. He puts forth his points, but very rudely, & abusively. And he still keeps on shooting everyone.
After the match finishes, we reach a new TOSOK shady's_world map, & played a normal guns map.

But the whole time, this person kept on ranting his arguments.

I really don't want, or think, that kind of attitude as acceptable.

Here're the two demos: The first demo (SPACE_DOUZE), he joins at 2 minutes to go.
The second demo (SHADY's WORLD), he's there all time.

Brisingr demos.zip

(just in case: http://www.4shared.com/file/BD1Mw4w7/Bri...demos.html )

I request you to please watch the demos, every word, every action, every comment, & then suggest me the possible action.
I can easily ban him, or blacklist him on my server, but I want to make sure it's the right thing to do.

His nick there was: Granny's9incher
IP: 76.247.205.210
Thanks given by:
The thing with a post on the blacklist thread is, it's really exactly the same as what you've posted here. No player is automatically banned from any servers just because you post their IP in that thread.
What happens is, I hope, server owners take a look at the evidence you've provided, and decide for themselves if that's the sort of player they want in their servers or not.
The fact that you've taken the time to compile the evidence into a coherent post probably means you're determined not to have him on your server again. That's your choice. As for what other server owners want to do, just show them the evidence and let them decide.
Thanks given by:
I'm sated, Thank You jamz.

Yes, I can gladly keep him away from my server.

If this thread is at the wrong place or topic, I would request the mods to kindly shift it if needed. Let the other servers owners decide what they want to do with this one.

Thanks again for the help.
Thanks given by:
It is better to close server and kick him or just ban him online in the game. Or ban him on his server. If someone would post to the blacklist thread offensive teamkiller on gema map, you would see many BS about it. So it is really better to solve it in the game and not to disturb others by it.
Thanks given by:
True, I can understand what you're trying to express. Thank you, your words are taken seriously.

I'll be better prepared next time. Thanks :-)
Thanks given by:
Really it's up to you if you want to put him/her in the bl thread, personally i wouldn't. If the incident happened on my server I'd just blacklist them from it and that would be the end of it. They'd no longer be a problem for me. In fact I wouldn't even go that far, I'd just kick them, and ban them if they came again and did the same.
I think to end up getting blacklisted on loads of servers is a bit harsh for what he/she did. Although I'd say that about most blacklist entries, I think anything other than hacking doesn't deserve a blacklist.
But as I say it's up to you. If you want to put them in the bl thread that's your decision and if server owners want to put him/her in their bl that's their decision.
Thanks given by:
You may BL him on your own personal servers.

But to enter him into the BL Thread? Bit far.
Thanks given by:
Agreed, a little flaming is a bit much for a blacklist entry. It's too bad he couldn't explain himself politely.
Though, if others agree that he's been a consistent problem, I can see why other server owners would want to prevent his behavior on their servers rather than wait for it to actually happen.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, etc.
Thanks given by:
I think a reason for blacklist is modify an official map am I wrog?
Thanks given by:
It is, but not in this case if that's what you were implying. Also we would need to have the maps to watch the demos so please post a link to those.
Thanks given by: