|NZ| server woes
|NZ| server woes should now hopefully be over.

After a lot of investigation with my provider, we got diddly squat about the cause/fault of the lag. So, we've ended up deciding, to move the |NZ| VPS on to the other server in the Auckland data centre (there are 2 VPS servers inside this centre) to see if this will fix it.

As a result, the IP address has had to be changed to 60.234.72.144. You may need to update this in your scripts, etc.

All seems to be fine after the move, and there is no apparent server lag. Please, go play on the server and strain it just a little bit (no need to abuse it, just make it work hard), so we can test it thoroughly to be sure everything is working just fine.

... fingers crossed that all will be fine from here out!

Statistics of the server, now hosting the |NZ| VPS
Load 0.64 / 0.27 / 0.18 ( 1/5/15 minute load)
Uptime 190 days
Time 20100722-1203
Xen Version 3.4.1
CPU 8 x Intel® Xeon® CPU E5506 @ 2.13GHz
Memory 25,328 MB Free / 49,142 MB
Disk Space on Host 1,524 GB Free / 1,808 GB
VPS-image Backup Disk Space on Host 1,393 GB Free / 1,833 GB
Thanks given by:
Oh, and answering a question someone just asked: Yes, even with the IP change, Kiwi and Pohutukawa again contribute to the hi-skill ladder.
Thanks given by:
Thanks a lot for your hard work RandumKiwi. Can't wait to get back into the NZ servers and frag away with zero lag :D
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 10, 05:03PM)Cactus Wrote: Thanks a lot for your hard work RandumKiwi. Can't wait to get back into the NZ servers and frag away with zero lag :D

They will lag. But not as much as before ;)
Thanks given by:
* DrauL thinks pwnage should still offer a oceanic server for the TyD ladder.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jul 10, 07:31AM)DrauL Wrote: * DrauL thinks pwnage should still offer a oceanic server for the TyD ladder.

So I guess you'll be offering him a monthly 60AUD or so?
Thanks given by:
LoL. If i had that, i could do it myself. When i get a steady income im thinking about buying a VPN.
Thanks given by:
Many thanks Randum,

I really appreciate what you have built and how much effort and cost goes into it. I struggle to get a good connection speed at the best of times but at least I can get a reasonable ping with your servers.

Any chance of filtering out players with old (1001) clients.?
Thanks given by:
Sweet, I love the |NZ| servers.
Thanks RK.
Thanks given by:
i have thought together a plan:

have |NZ|Kiwi report scores to the TyD ladder!
just a thought, at least then aussies could play the TyD ladder,plus oceanic countries.

Thanks for continuing to run your great new zealand servers for us all to play on, finally we can play some oceanic inters with real pings :)
Thanks given by:
\         iface                   Rx                   Tx                Total
  ==============================================================================
             eth0:          28.21 KB/s           87.26 KB/s          115.47 KB/s
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            total:          28.21 KB/s           87.26 KB/s          115.47 KB/s

That's with pohutukawa/kiwi full, and tuatara with 2 peeps in it.

[Image: asdasdasdasdlj.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Kinda overkill if you ask me ;)
But the bandwidth usage is impressive. How much traffic do you have in an average month?
Thanks given by:
about 250gb or more or less... depends on what happens that month. I could give you stats BEFORE i moved the server, but can't now, they got erased when I moved it due to how the stats were collected by my host.

I've changed the configuration of the servers recently (re: tuatara server), so I won't know how that will effect it, we'll have to wait and see.

(BTW, bwm-ng you see up there, those stats are kilobytes, not kilobits)
Thanks given by:
Just a newbie question

Does tuatara count on hi skill servers?
Thanks given by:
no.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
I left the bandwidth monitor on for 24hrs to record the highest transmission/recieve from the |NZ| servers, so, here you go:

\         iface                   Rx                   Tx                Total
  ==============================================================================
             eth0:          73.42 KB/s            1.42 MB/s            1.47 MB/s
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            total:          73.42 KB/s            1.42 MB/s            1.47 MB/s

(That's Kilobytes or Megabytes per second)
Thanks given by: