*GASP* I.....don't believe this
Well I tried to download AC. During the process of installation , an error occurred. Read below
believe

Error opening file for writing

C/:Program Files/Assaultcube_v1.1.0.4/README.html

Help?
Thanks
Thanks given by:
OMG people u know tons about AC just help meee noawwzz please? Probably some retarded script error. I don't think I deleted the files completely from my comp before maybe that's an issue?
Thanks given by:
From where did you download AC?
Thanks given by:
This website....It has a sourceforge direct link..
Thanks given by:
Thats the README info page. It directs you to this site. I assume you're fine, no lethal error here.
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 11, 02:20AM)Viper Wrote: Thats the README info page. It directs you to this site. I assume you're fine, no lethal error here.

The whole point of this thread was because it would NOT finish installing the file into my computer... the error popped up and gave me three options, Abort or Try again or exit.

Thanks given by:
I guess you're running the installer as admin?
Thanks given by:
By the way, there's no need to color your text and make it bold, just type it :)
Thanks given by:
(07 Jul 11, 05:11PM)tempest Wrote: I guess you're running the installer as admin?

Yes... why is there going to be a conflict, I downloaded it with admin before and it worked.

Thanks given by:
Well, if the installer doesn't work...
Get the source tarball, get Visual C++ Express, open the project file in source/vcpp, build, be done.
Thanks given by:
What happened to the Blue KluTcH??
Thanks given by:
Don't give him an incentive to start again Duckett.

Tempest's method will work but will not be as simple as trying to figure out why your machine won't accept that file. Your OS?
Thanks given by:
Directly from sourceforge? I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Thanks given by:
I think he has some sort of block (anti-virus) that's not letting him be linked to web pages in downloads. I don't know, just a theory.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 11, 08:20PM)Viper Wrote: I think he has some sort of block (anti-virus) that's not letting him be linked to web pages in downloads. I don't know, just a theory.

I do have Comodo antivrus on...it's like paranoid I'm going to try to turn it off. Thanks dude.

see what I did thar?@ Ducket
Thanks given by:
Is it working now?
Thanks given by:
Man.... calm down.
This is not an AC issue... it is a local problem in your machine.
Try to provide the correct permissions to the folder you are installing, and make sure your account has permissions to install anything.

This is the best we can do for you.
Thanks given by:
Also quit spamming the blue bold. It is very annoying
Thanks given by:
Fifty bucks says his installer is corrupted and he just needs to re-download & try again. :)
Thanks given by:
[Image: victor.jpg]
I don't think he believes it either
Thanks given by:
lmfao^
Thanks given by:
[Image: Screen-shot-2011-05-23-at-8.43.10-PM.png]

Nor does he.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 11, 06:23PM)tempest Wrote: Well, if the installer doesn't work...
Get the source tarball, get Visual C++ Express, open the project file in source/vcpp, build, be done.

I don't know what you just said.

(10 Jul 11, 07:40PM)Viper Wrote: Don't give him an incentive to start again Duckett.

Tempest's method will work but will not be as simple as trying to figure out why your machine won't accept that file. Your OS?

I don't even know. It ran fine before when I downloaded it. The same thing happened when I needed to download Java 6. It wouldn't unzip like the AC installer. Turns out I just needed the newest version of Java.

(11 Jul 11, 04:41AM)Brahma Wrote: Man.... calm down.
This is not an AC issue... it is a local problem in your machine.
Try to provide the correct permissions to the folder you are installing, and make sure your account has permissions to install anything.

This is the best we can do for you.

I am admin on my machine....
Thanks given by:
What is your operating system (OS)? Macintosh? Windows? FreeBSD? TI-8x?
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 11, 03:23AM)V-Man Wrote: What is your operating system (OS)? Macintosh? Windows? FreeBSD? TI-8x?

Microsoft Windows XP 2003 Service Pack 3
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 11, 03:23AM)V-Man Wrote: TI-8x?

<3
Thanks given by:
Did you uninstall the old version?
Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 11, 07:38AM)gambino Wrote: Did you uninstall the old version?

NOBODY should unnistall 1.0

Thanks given by:
(16 Jul 11, 03:16AM)XKluTcHM0nSt3RX Wrote: I don't know what you just said.

Neither do I. 'Cause I can't read that!

-.-

Can someone bind his text editor?
Thanks given by:
Did you run out of disk space? ,_,
Thanks given by: