Custom things ?
so idownloaded snipers texture pack put everything where its suppose to go then i loaded the test map to see if it worked and it did so then i started to make a map and i couldnt find the textures,and i also downloaded mapmodels and put them in thier proper folders an i couldnt find them in the mapmodel menu.Can you please help me.
Thanks given by:
http://assault.cubers.net/docs
Thanks given by:
you need to create a new file nbeside your map to make custom mapmodels/textures to work.
this is how u do it:
go to assaultcube folder->config->copy the "default_map_settings.cfg" to your assaultcube folder->packages->maps in "my documents" (windows) or.assaultcube_v1.1->packages->maps (ubuntu)

than rename the "default_map_settings.cfg" to "your_map_name.cfg"
"that_map_name.cfg" should be in the same folder as your map and "your_map_name.cfg" replace one of the "mapmodel 2 1 0 0 "toca/tyre" // 83 with the mapmodel from the other map

than check which place is it put on.
e.g. mapmodel 2 1 0 0 "toca/tyre" // 83
this one has number 83
usually it's written after // but if you replace it with new one, it might be gone.
be carefull beacuze the maximum amount of mapmodels/textures is 255

when your done, go to your map and press t (for chat) and writte (you can't find them in mapmodel menu):
/newent mapmodel X Y Z
X=number
Y=texture of mapmodel
Z=height from the floor of the mapmodel

with the texture you also have to replace them, but you don't need to write anything... just scroll through the textures and it should be there
(you have to replace the textures with textures, which are lower in the .cfg file)
Thanks given by:
thanks guys,i try the mapmodel thing later
Thanks given by:
heh
it's not that hard as it appears :)
Thanks given by:
btw have you seen my maps yet?
Thanks given by: