Anti-cheat question
Does anti-cheat still work? I see atleast 1 hacker per day and usually they don't get banned until long after they're reported on the forums (i looked and some 1 month old reports not fulfilled). It's so easy for people to hack, people who I generally thought were just good I found out to be hackers on the blacklist threads.
Thanks given by:
It does work. It's just that some players are finding ways create hacks that aren't detected by the anti-cheat. This will always happens, every time the anti-cheat is updated people will make new hacks.
Thanks given by:
But the best part is that now there aren't as many cheaters as there ued to be.
Thanks given by:
i rarely see hacker/cheaters at all.
Will the cheatcode be updated in 1.1.0.5?
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 11, 06:38AM)Orynge Wrote: But the best part is that now there aren't as many cheaters as there ued to be.

True that, and they are still stupid, but it's a good thing to see them dissapear :D

Thanks given by:
In 1.0 people would use obvious hacks very often, like knife hack and stuff like that. Now they can't.
Thanks given by:
Thanks to everyone who said 'cheater' ;)
I doubt you would see many hackers around the place.
Thanks given by:
Dev enforced builds to play online...
Thanks given by:
I hardly ever see a hacker.
As for anti-cheat...
See Gibarix's invincible superhax video, anti-cheat ftw.
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 11, 12:52PM)Frogulis Wrote: Thanks to everyone who said 'cheater' ;)
I doubt you would see many hackers around the place.
You don't see them, but they are the ones that create the new hacks in the first place after the anti-cheat is updated. The anti-cheat makes it harder for hackers, and reduces the amount of cheaters.
Thanks given by:
wait..
what??
Thanks given by:
(25 Jun 11, 07:33PM)Gibarix Wrote: wait..
what??

@me?
Your video where you would keep shooting the guy(osok) and he'd be unaffected. ;)
Thanks given by:
America still needs your help!!!
Insert 1 quarter to report cheater...

@Wolf:
XD
I should've made it more clear:
AssaultCube still needs people to report cheaters! Having an anti-cheat system does not guarantee that people can no longer cheat. Willing, vigilant players are still an effective way to keep cheaters out of our hair.
Thanks given by:
You are aware that this is not in the offtopic section, V-Man? xD
Thanks given by:
I have seen a hacker (not cheater) before. He asked If he could test his code on my first server; He wouldn't kill anyone. His speed hack was out of this world, and he had a shotgun that fired thee speed of a subgun w/unlm. ammo, never had to reload. should I search server logs for him?
Thanks given by:
Of course it works pretty good, let's blacklist all those cheaters now:

[24.138.35.xx] DES|Woolly suspect burst assault [anticheat]
[78.235.22.xx] w00p|Lucas suspect hit [anticheat]
[2.0.86.xx] w00p|Harrek fast burst subgun 69 [anticheat]
[86.217.9.xx] L0rdzZ|oNe| suspect sniper hit 72.1 [anticheat]
[88.173.225.xx] |oNe|.ExodusS* fast burst subgun 68 [anticheat]
[82.244.167.xx] w00p|.ech0 fast burst subgun 68 [anticheat]
[189.18.216.xx] k4z{TyD} fast burst assault 103 [anticheat]
[71.82.162.xx] |BC|sebacious suspect burst subgun [anticheat]
[76.76.226.xx] {TyD}BlackFlag fast move [anticheat]
Thanks given by:
It has already been admitted the anticheat is flawed?
Thanks given by:
cheaters have perfected their style, only 2 or 3 idiots who dont know how to use it can be detected. Anti cheat will not work never because it is impossible, you have to be prepared to be annihilated by a cheater at any time.
Thanks given by:
They are...everywhere! *scary music*
Thanks given by:
As long as anti-cheat helps more than hurts it's good imo.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jun 11, 03:39PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Of course it works pretty good, let's blacklist all those cheaters now:
[sum playerz]
That's the reason the server doesn't kick/ban on the the first hint of the anticheat being triggered.

(28 Jun 11, 03:45PM)HellJanitorIsHispanic Wrote: It has already been admitted the anticheat is flawed?
It's also limited in its capabilities by the quality of network connections. The figures involved in measuring cheating are affected by packet loss. If everyone had a perfect connection, it'd be a lot more reliable.

(28 Jun 11, 03:55PM)Atrimos Wrote: cheaters have perfected their style, only 2 or 3 idiots who dont know how to use it can be detected. Anti cheat will not work never because it is impossible, you have to be prepared to be annihilated by a cheater at any time.
Almost absolutely right. Anticheat was never promoted as being able to eradicate cheats. It was always geared primarily toward removing the OBVIOUS and frustrating cheats; mass-gibbing nades, remote knifing, OPK, etc. I don't remember seeing or hearing about any of these in anticheat enabled servers. Some aspects need adjusting and some need further investigation. Brahma also always stated that it would be an on-going evolutionary process to perfect it.
If only it were just 2 or 3 idiots; I wouldn't be so f**king busy.
Thanks given by:
I think matchmode should disable the anticheat automatically. I've never seen the anticheat catch a real cheater in a match (except one case with a known cheater and supposedly a pistol hack!).

For competitive games perfect hit-reg is necessary and the anticheat doesn't help anyway! In addition it should be possible for the demos to be analyzed much more thoroughly after a game than the anti-cheat can during it.

I must also add, I have some suspicions but my sense of "reasonable doubt" is always too high. It has been quite long since a well-known player was found cheating to my knowledge; is that for lack of cheaters or are they just not being detected?
Thanks given by:
As I've opined elsewhere before, I believe anti-cheat measures will improve enough to force cheaters to use more and more subtle cheats, sacrificing the efficacy of the actual cheat in exchange for stealth.
This means cheats will be subtle enough to not make a tremendous difference, and the problem will be effectively minimized.
Thanks given by:
Speaking from experience, the subtler cheats end up hurting more people in the end.

*cough*(insert well known community member that cheated here)*cough*
Thanks given by:
There's plenty of well known community members who cheated
Thanks given by:
Exactly what I was hinting at. But this is about anti-cheat which we didnt have back then.
Thanks given by:
Which means the principle I outlined didn't apply back then [and it does now].
Thanks given by:
well, cheaters are for losers, and i don't cheat, and i blacklisted zentra93 on my servers cause of cheating
Thanks given by:
I think it's kinda funny how everybody's so positive about anticheat, even though it's what makes AC proprietary software.
I think it's fine; Stallman would disagree.
Thanks given by:
If AC was proprietary you certainly wouldn't get any of this. ;)
Thanks given by: