the END OF GEMA
I have heard that the next version of AC will have new restrictions, rendering all of the good gema maps UNPLAYABLE. please say it isnt so... DAMMIT!
Thanks given by:
play portal and stfu
Thanks given by:
I have finished portal, portal 2, and portal 2 co-op

problem?
Thanks given by:
fuck something
Thanks given by:
I love the friendliness here :P
Umad: it's true. Sorry bro. Just a new challenge for gema developers (fun fun fun)
Thanks given by:
*Rages* there should be a gema mode where maps are not restricted
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 11, 10:54AM)Frogulis Wrote: I love the friendliness here :P
Umad: it's true. Sorry bro. Just a new challenge for gema developers (fun fun fun)

[Image: es80ex.jpg]

I see more flat and noob friendly gemas then ever before:D
Thanks given by:
I see gemas becoming less skilled and more invisible-hole-in-the-floor based.
:(
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 11, 11:19AM)Frogulis Wrote: I see gemas becoming less skilled and more invisible-hole-in-the-floor based.
:(

I can't see that happening, almost as soon I made 40+ Gema with G.I.Joe which was when I had the idea of putting invisible holes in the floor people made versions with the holes edited out.

What I do think is that gemas will become less imaginative in the next version.
Thanks given by:
I bet someone will come with a solution before the next release, because im sure its not that difficult to make map restrictions not to apply to, say, a GEMA mode. Its not like "If ya wanna play G3M4s go play old version" because the fun of it is discovering how gemas work and finding nice and awesome people on those servers whether at the pubs its MAYHEN!. The pro play on few elite servers and (almost) never respond when asked questions about in-game shit they pull off (like talking in the log, voting, having different voice coms, etc...). In gEmA$ people tend to be nice when asked! Thats the spirit of it all and theres also challenge so why take it out of the game?
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 11, 12:22PM)Hellspell Wrote: I can't see that happening, almost as soon I made 40+ Gema with G.I.Joe which was when I had the idea of putting invisible holes in the floor people made versions with the holes edited out.
Because the invisible holes are the equivalent of secret tunnels in @camper maps. They make the gemas rely less on the jumping and timing of the people playing the map, and rely more on knowledge of where the holes are.
Unfortunately, as the ability to make excessively tall maps disappears, so will gemas with large, skillful jumps. This means that more emphasis will be put on flat gema tricks (mazes, holes, long crouch tunnels) and less put on big rifle jumps and precision.
Or gemas will disappear altogether, but I don't see that happening. It seems more likely that we will end up with people doing whatever they can to keep gemas going.

tl;dr: lower ceilings make gemas less fun :D
Thanks given by:
Grab a gun and go fight, soldier. Years of training is enough. ;)
or just get some creative mapmaking done and continue to keep players jumping around instead of fragging. :)
or, as far as I know, the map requisites aren't getting stricter, they are just having bugs fixed so they actually work. So as long as the gema's you've been playing weren't hacks, then everything should be fine. :D

Thanks given by:
No matter how the map restrictions will be modified, people will always find ways to make gemas, either by changing the size of the maps or by evolution and changing our ideas of what we know as a "gema".
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 11, 03:01PM)Nightmare Wrote: Grab a gun and go fight, soldier. Years of training is enough. ;)
or just get some creative mapmaking done and continue to keep players jumping around instead of fragging. :)
or, as far as I know, the map requisites aren't getting stricter, they are just having bugs fixed so they actually work. So as long as the gema's you've been playing weren't hacks, then everything should be fine. :D

this map doesnt work in svn

http://www.upload.ee/files/1430387/ac_chem.cgz.html

hax? too high? me thinkz not:D

Thanks given by:
Or by playing them in former versions.
Thanks given by:
|HP|
Its not passing some map restrictions of the svn then.
or its so hax that it fits requisites but fails at the same time.
:P

Thanks given by:
They have added a new requisite.
IIRC (and I can't remember what thread it was in) it is: you must not have over 6000 cubes which go over an absolute height of 30 cubes.
Thanks given by:
I play *Forever Alone* in 1.0 my fav GEMA maps u_u I used to pkwy them a lot with my friend Heretic but not anymore since the masterserver it's down
Thanks given by:
gema ftw
Thanks given by:
Oh no! You mean the boring maps, usually full of idiots who kill you don't talk, will be removed?
What will we do?!
Thanks given by:
Polar, what your hedgehog map? Passes it through restrictions ? ;)
Thanks given by:
PolarHedgehog: You've obviously never gema-ed (?) in a private server with decent people before. It's a nice way to relax after work/school/laddering.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jun 11, 04:37PM)|HP| Wrote: this map doesnt work in svn

Hey, don't touch blood's map! D:
or any {TBR} maps, kuz we gunna have problems <.<

If u wanna help with our maps, go post on our forums tbr-clan.tk
Thanks given by:
(26 Jun 11, 05:54PM)Iguana Wrote:
(19 Jun 11, 04:37PM)|HP| Wrote: this map doesnt work in svn

Hey, don't touch blood's map! D:
or any {TBR} maps, kuz we gunna have problems <.<

If u wanna help with our maps, go post on our forums tbr-clan.tk

You didnt get the point of my post:D I dont touch maps like this...
It was an example of a map that should work in svn without being re-edited but thx to the new restrictions it doesnt.
Thanks given by: