Macbook help
Ok so now that i have purchased a macbook i can successfully create a server (i had vista before and didnt know how to port forward). the only problem is that when I set a password, i cant use it on the server and i get auto-kicked. can anyone who has a mac help me?
Thanks given by:
You don't put the password in the console, you need to put it in the file called serverpwrd.cfg or something like that, can't remember the name, in that way the server can use many admin paswords for different people.
Thanks given by:
thanks man
Thanks given by:
wait i cant find the file. where do i go?
Thanks given by:
Right click on your game (or control click) and select Show Package Contents. Then go to the folder Contents, then Gamedata, then config. That is where that file is located. Instead of using the launcher, use those config files.
Thanks given by:
but how would i open it? it says that there is no application to open it with (sorry im sort of a noob w/ computers and this is my first day w/ mac)
Thanks given by:
er, what? I dont know what you clicked on, but not the right one.
Thanks given by:
Textedit. Open it with textedit.

@ronald

He doesn't know what to open the cfg file with.
Thanks given by:
Oh, that thing. Yes, right click and go to the menu: Open with, and select text edit.
Thanks given by:
awesome and thanks!
Thanks given by:
So basically just enter passes separated by a line in that file and they'll work ;)
Thanks given by:
[Image: screenshot20110622at559.png]
Thanks given by:
Exactly that's the file Faron :)
Thanks given by:
now everyone know the server passwords
Thanks given by:
you gave up windows and switched to mac so you can forward your ports

hahaohwow.jpg
Thanks given by: