Poll: Are GEMA maps FUN?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
25.86%
15 25.86%
Yes... A LOT!
39.66%
23 39.66%
No
34.48%
20 34.48%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Are GEMA maps FUN?
yeeh it is funny to ban and see how involved react :D
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 11, 03:47PM)Alien Wrote: lol , Noob is good in jumping so he prefers gema, pro is good in shooting so he prefers default maps and because the community mostly consists of pros, gema maps are going to be banned. :D

please explain why i like gemas.

(20 Jun 11, 02:51PM)Bukz Wrote: For what?

flaming.
Thanks given by:
because you are good in shooting and gema takes as relax, you don't get nervous after first failed jump and you don't have power to ban other thanks that failed jump :D ...

And i think real friends you can create in these coop or that gema maps, in pubs you are just ass-mining the one who is just better than you, i remember how all were ass-mining Shadow ;) , next friends you can create in irc, but nooobs get to irc after certain time in the game..
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 11, 09:16PM)Cemer Wrote:
(20 Jun 11, 07:07PM)Duckett Wrote:
(20 Jun 11, 04:41PM)|HP| Wrote: and there are people who are overly self-confident enough to think they are pros
*Looks at Fogulis, Cemer, and a Mirror*
I think I pro? No true. I say I noob. A lot. Ty for the reference.
EDIT: Try the /me command too ^^
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 11, 02:44PM)Undead Wrote: warning points?

You don't need to go out of your way to ask for them. They'll come as necessary.
Thanks given by:
* Nightmare plays first person shooters to shoot.
Thanks given by:
What?! I thought this was an FPK...
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 11, 04:08PM)tempest Wrote: Well, why don't you just give it a try? Play against some of the "pros" here and then tell us how it went. (On a serious map, I mean)

i'd be glad to play against some of the "pros" lol.
Thanks given by:
First off this pool is biased...

A true honest one would have given these options...

O Yes! I'm a big noob!
O No! I have a better concept of AC.
O Don't give a damn, I don't even go there...

Beside this why don't you Gema lovers practice on proper/decent (not specially official) maps? Those nonsense... erm... call it whatever but don't call it maps are just a disgrace and a smack in the face to all mappers whom spend quite some time to come up with top notch atmospheres and environments for us to get our kicks on.

You like them? fair enough! Go play them on your own or on your own server if you want but don't impose them to the community as they are the total opposite of what true AC lovers expect from a gameplay.

My answer is definitely a HUGE no and don't dream of ever see a Gema section on AKIMBO!
Thanks given by:
I like them, funny to fail and as a relaxing stage (notice I'm not calling those maps). But yeah it gets boring after a while :)
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 11, 09:38AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: You like them? fair enough! Go play them on your own or on your own server if you want but don't impose them to the community as they are the total opposite of what true AC lovers expect from a gameplay.

Ya dont now what you are talking about. I wont stress enough how i love this game because I see very few go through all comments before making wise remarks and its a waste of my time.

PaulMuadDibKA called a vote:
kick player |DES|Cleaner, reason: gema killer
22 yes vs. 16 no
Thanks given by:
* Nightmare f2's vote.

I agree with Cleaner, sorry GEMA lovers.
Thanks given by:
F1.

Yes, GEMA is the best game mode from all (KTF, SURV, TOSOK, and so on), IMO. I prefer to play trying to do different tricks and using intellect to quickly solve problems of passing. In other modes we don't really need brains. Unfortunately, AssaultCube is the only game in Linux that has such feature.
Thanks given by:
I could write a lot more here but im just gonna refer to one part.

"don't impose them to the community"

1. Impose = 'to establish or bring about as if by force'

Its the other way around my friend. You got your facts mixed up..

2. You know nothing about gema and shouldnt think you are an expert on everything just because you are who you are (refer to my previous story)

I myself just wanna be left alone to play these jumping MAPS with my current and future friends. I am in no way a threat to you or anyone else who doesnt like these kinds of maps. Gema is for chilling and helping each other finish the obstacle course and is not much fun when played alone."T" is also used more. And I dont mean just for "NO KILLING IN GEMA" lol.

I dont want someone to decide for me what I should and shouldnt like!

Example:
Am I wrong if I like green apples more then red apples?

I like plenty of official looking maps but many of them are just looks and no fun...the number of times you see them on servers is proof of that.Do I want them blocked ? No! Because maybe someone likes them? I respect their tastes and freedom of choice.

So the difference between you and me would be that I respect what ever makes you happy... you dont.

(23 Jun 11, 12:18PM)Nightmare Wrote: * Nightmare f2's vote.

I agree with Cleaner, sorry GEMA lovers.

of course you do:D & thx for that useful post.

Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 11, 12:51PM)Sveark Wrote: I prefer to play trying to do different tricks and using intellect to quickly solve problems of passing. In other modes we don't really need brains. Unfortunately, AssaultCube is the only game in Linux that has such feature.

See, that's the thing I don't get. If that's what you want, then why the hell do you play AssaultCube, a game that's supposed to be realistic-ish and has no game mode dedicated for GEMAs and similar stuff. Why don't you go and play Red Eclipse? It has a dedicated "Race" mode which is quite similar to GEMA, and no one there will flame you for playing that way. Or switch over to Sauerbraten, where people are only concerned about servers running nothing but instgib, and otherwise don't really give a shit about what and how you play. Or play Urban Terror, which also has a quite vivid trick-jumping scene and even specific leagues for that. Just tell me - why AC?
Thanks given by:
@Tempest Dude...
I play AC because i want.
I play Gemas because i like them.
I dont interfere with YOUR game because i play G3m4S.
If i played a game for its realistic-ish style id go and play mahjong, a card game, maybe a GOOD sports game or a flight simulator. Not a FPS! :D

Thanks given by:
Do you like Gemas Yes or Yes? is not imposing Sir, no no no not at all.
Thanks given by:
As i said im not wasting my time with people who dont read the full thread before posting.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 11, 02:39PM)tempest Wrote: See, that's the thing I don't get. If that's what you want, then why the hell do you play AssaultCube, a game that's supposed to be realistic-ish
blah blah
Just tell me - why AC?

The more realistic game, the more hard GEMAs in passing. The more hard GEMAs, the more interesting to play. I play what I want.
Thanks given by:
I honestly wouldn't mind GEMA maps as much if they weren't so, well, amateur-looking. It's hard to take a map very seriously when it has nothing but one tile texture and 256 different colored lights. I remember there was one GEMA-style map in the original Cube game that managed to look and feel professional. If there were more maps like it, then I might actually be in favor of a native GEMA mode.

EDIT: here it is
Thanks given by:
(20 Jun 11, 08:25AM)Undead Wrote:
(19 Jun 11, 04:12AM)Viper Wrote:
(19 Jun 11, 03:55AM)Undead Wrote: "community elite"(not pros)

Different from "core elite?"

Either way I don't particularly like gemas/play them at all, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

and thats why your crosshair is never on the target and you post on forums all day.

p.s wtf is core elite

Haha that is so true

(23 Jun 11, 09:38AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: First off this pool is biased...

A true honest one would have given these options...

O Yes! I'm a big noob!
O No! I have a better concept of AC.
O Don't give a damn, I don't even go there...

Beside this why don't you Gema lovers practice on proper/decent (not specially official) maps? Those nonsense... erm... call it whatever but don't call it maps are just a disgrace and a smack in the face to all mappers whom spend quite some time to come up with top notch atmospheres and environments for us to get our kicks on.

You like them? fair enough! Go play them on your own or on your own server if you want but don't impose them to the community as they are the total opposite of what true AC lovers expect from a gameplay.

My answer is definitely a HUGE no and don't dream of ever see a Gema section on AKIMBO!

Wow that might aswell be the most retarded thing ive ever read, i really hope ur not serious.. How many gemas have u played, 5? I know many gemas that looks way better than the official maps

(23 Jun 11, 04:43PM)VenteX Wrote: I honestly wouldn't mind GEMA maps as much if they weren't so, well, amateur-looking. It's hard to take a map very seriously when it has nothing but one tile texture and 256 different colored lights. I remember there was one GEMA-style map in the original Cube game that managed to look and feel professional. If there were more maps like it, then I might actually be in favor of a native GEMA mode.

EDIT: here it is

Oh ur just like Cleaner how sad, have u acctually played any gema at all except that one gema and maybe 2 more? go play some and then come back and i'll listen to u

Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 11, 04:29PM)Sveark Wrote: The more realistic game, the more hard GEMAs in passing.

Oh, really? Maybe you should watch this or this, just as an example.

(23 Jun 11, 05:04PM)fredriK Wrote: I know many gemas that looks way better than the official maps
HAHAHAHAHAAHA. Screenshots or it didn't happen. Anyway, that's not really the point, is it?
Thanks given by:
* Andrez had fun in many GEMAs to be honest.
Thanks given by:
F1
I've seen people try a gema, and fail at it, rage and never try it again. When you keep it up and get beter at it you'll start seeing the fun part of it. Now its just raging and saying "Gema sucks!" - You just got owned by a map!? Who's the one that sucks?
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 11, 05:04PM)fredriK Wrote: I know many gemas that looks way better than the official maps
HAHAHAHAHAAHA. Screenshots or it didn't happen. Anyway, that's not really the point, is it?

Not the point? U said u dont like gemas because theyre amateur looking and i said they're not amateur looking..

U stupid?

Thanks given by:
Quote:EDIT: here it is

But it needs some time to get Makke's level of gema, therefore we can see many crappy versions. Default floor and ceiling didn't help it too. Next here is more people without any idea how do texture, mapmodel, sound etc. It needs time and that noobs take more from this game than that "shooting" pro. I like this game for this, it isn't only for pro designers. BTW have you seen nice maps from Shadow ?
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 11, 05:04PM)tempest Wrote: Oh, really? Maybe you should watch this or this, just as an example.

You haven't understood me. Try to read my post again.
Thanks given by:
(23 Jun 11, 05:32PM)fredriK Wrote: Not the point? U said u dont like gemas because theyre amateur looking and i said they're not amateur looking..

U stupid?

Uhm, I didn't say that? Next time read before you call people names.

(23 Jun 11, 05:39PM)Sveark Wrote: You haven't understood me. Try to read my post again.
Maybe you can rephrase it for me, 'cause I couldn't find any deeper meaning in it. Except for "I play what I want"...
Thanks given by:
Maybe i didnt choose what are the best representative of the bunch cause im a big n00b regarding gemas. Hp would do better but it makes a point:
SuperGemaBySuCkeRs
Brutus-Mini-gema-3
G3M4@Home
GEMA-SK-6
GEMA_K&L_1.1
GEMA_Mines
GEMA_WFA 1
Gema_Parkour
Brutus-gema-6

And also all of gibbed gemas wich are crazy fun:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OZ7RSDZO

Credit goes to whoever deserves it!
Thanks given by:
Yup, that's exactly the kind of slap in the face for people who spend months on a single map. Maybe the person who created those ^ did put as much time into them, but regardless, they're not good maps if you go by the usual judgement. Which ofc is not just a thing of AC. See "level design".
Thanks given by: