League/cup/ladder system
I'm wondering if there are some actual "official" leagues, ladders or cups for teams. Something similar to clanbase or ESL leagues in other games. I found some ladders and leagues but they were un-systemical or the ladders were for players and measuring public stats and whatnot.

I've played another games on a "competitive" level, so I'm interested if there's anything like that in AC.
Thanks given by:
ATM, there is only tas league, but it's already started;
But you have to find or create a clan first;

I'm trying to work on something like that (permanent ladder of clan matches, which might be used for some events like tourneys...) but it doesn't exist ATM.
Thanks given by:
In what format do the "clan matches" take place? Team Deathmatch, Team Survivor, or what.

And are all the clans organized by 14 year olds? So far I only saw some that act like they are cults.

GL with the ladder system, it's a real pleasure especially if it works (good example is ClanBase).
Thanks given by:
Clan matches might be played with any team mode :
Capture the flag, Hunt the flag, Team keep the flag, Team deathmatch, team survivor, team one shot, one kill.
The most played game mode is capture the flag (strategy & aim :D)
Usually, "clan matches" just last 30 minutes (2x15 minutes) or 45 minutes in case of tie breaker; but it might be different for some tourneys.. There are not written rules.

There are all kinds of clan (you can get a list here : http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/List_of_clans) i let you discover them :)
Thanks given by:
As there is a large amount of different game modes available, it would probably be the best bet for the competitive matches if they were all played in the same game mode.
Small cups could be held for the other modes too, though.

Anyways, quoting sungi, good luck with the ladder system.
Thanks given by:
oh, lol.
Thanks given by:
Lucas:

I read a lot of those clans, randomly picked them etc, but most of them seemed so odd, reminded me of public clans from Enemy Territory filled with 14 year old members.
Thanks given by:
sungi, if you look at some more up there clans, Fra| (French team) w00p, TyD, DES you will realise they are all older members and they all treat people with respect. I am 13 and I play in legacy so sometimes I do some bad stuff BUT all but I are over 15 :P
Thanks given by:
w00p, TyD, DES, BC, oNe, MyS, legacy, fR, BME, PB, O3, TBR, Xu, TaS, #M|A#, BoB, AND eQ (can't think of any else right now, sorry if I forgot one) are some of the types of clans that aren't run by 11 year olds, and actually have a matured system of recruitment.

Some of these are more interested in competition, while some are more laid back and their priority is to have fun, so you're going to have to look around the forums and speak with different members to get to know how each clan works to know which is the best for you.

You are also going to have to keep in mind where your skill level is, you don't want to apply for a clan that is just too good for you that will F2 your application the next day, you know what I mean?
Thanks given by:
One of the key things you need to get into a good clan is loyalty. Also, the more competitive the clan is the less fun it can be, this isn't to say you won't have fun but you will have more fun in a mid level clan most of the time.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 11, 12:20AM)sungi Wrote: Lucas:

I read a lot of those clans, randomly picked them etc, but most of them seemed so odd, reminded me of public clans from Enemy Territory filled with 14 year old members.

do they require an esports design with corporate sponsors and racing tracksuits?
Thanks given by:
Just the tracksuits, we got rid of the esports design a few years ago.
Thanks given by:
I run a clan and I'm 23 :P
Thanks given by:
@sungi, Most Leagues or tournaments are held by the respective teams. This is something your are probably already aware of.
There of course communities like ESL which offer these sorts of competition.

However this community did try once to go through ESL to organise tournaments but we all didn't have a very good experience so no one really wants to organise it through ESL any more.

There are many types of tournaments held through out the year with all different game modes. Currently the major one is being held by TAS.
I am sure there are plenty of tournaments that will come in within the near future.

There are Ladders like the TyD Ladder and BOB's ladder sorry I don't have a link to BOB's ladder. These offer public competitive play.

http://ladder.tearyoudown.com/
http://tas-clan.com/league
Thanks given by:
List of ladders
List of clans
AC in the ESL
Thanks given by:
Those ladders you linked (at least all that I checked out) only were for individuals on public servers, which isn't what I'm looking for.

@Undead:
No but they surely would if they had any sponsors.

@XNA:
I'm actually in for the competition only. I don't have so much free time that I used to have, and feels like I'm wasting if just doodling around on publics. I already played competitively on other games and I know that's what I'm after :)

@Wolf:
I'm not even going to get started on my skill level. I have played this game so little that I can't even judge. This topic was made merely because I was curious if there is a system similar to the other games I've played that allows systematic competitive play.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 11, 12:56AM)Xenon Wrote: sungi, if you look at some more up there clans, Fra| (French team) w00p, TyD, DES you will realise they are all older members and they all treat people with respect. I am 13 and I play in legacy so sometimes I do some bad stuff BUT all but I are over 15 :P

Hey! I don't have respect for some! :P

Thanks given by:
@sungi, this is a free opensource game.
The competition you are referring to doesn't exist on that level.
I used to play competitive sports great fun but also very draining.

However there are team leagues there are held by other teams from time to time as I mentioned. There is nothing official like that of other games.
However the game play and fun in this community is something you can't compare to some of the others out there.

Thank you Apollo for the links.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 11, 12:28PM)Freddo Wrote: @sungi, this is a free opensource game.
The competition you are referring to doesn't exist on that level.
I used to play competitive sports great fun but also very draining.

It has already been said that such competition doesn't exist yet. Even though this is an open source game, it could have a systematical ladder like Warsow (which is an open source game too).

Thanks given by:
True, but Warsow has been created with competitive play in mind from the beginning on.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 11, 03:22PM)tempest Wrote: True, but Warsow has been created with competitive play in mind from the beginning on.

Shouldn't make that big difference. If there is enough activity, CB ladders could be proposed.
Thanks given by:
The problem doesnt lies in the licensing model of this piece of software or that aren't player who are interested in playing on a competitive level.

I recommend to read the ESL article (and this for an example of what happens due a tournament). If you aren't shocked after this (lol) and still thinking that it's worth to establish this here - well, if you get enough participants you can probably reanimate that league and then you have your ladder thingy also.

gl
Thanks given by:
(17 Jun 11, 01:20AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: w00p, TyD, DES, BC, oNe, MyS, legacy, fR, BME, PB, O3, TBR, Xu, TaS, #M|A#, BoB, HyPE (can't believe I almost forgot HyPE ) are some of the types of clans that aren't run by 11 year olds, and actually have a matured system of recruitment.

Some of these are more interested in competition, while some are more laid back and their priority is to have fun, so you're going to have to look around the forums and speak with different members to get to know how each clan works to know which is the best for you.

You are also going to have to keep in mind where your skill level is, you don't want to apply for a clan that is just too good for you that will F2 your application the next day, you know what I mean?

I know right ^^
Thanks given by:
You should also keep in mind that looking for very competitive clans is hard since (obviously) they're very competitive, i.e. they're very skilled :D

(17 Jun 11, 01:20AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: w00p, TyD, DES, BC, oNe, MyS, legacy, fR, BME, PB, O3, TBR, Xu, TaS, #M|A#, BoB, AND eQ

Yea boi.
Thanks given by:
Nah eQ. Kinda fails xD jk
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 11, 04:55AM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: Nah eQ. Kinda fails xD jk

We're always open for rematches! 3v3 us now!

Not ontopic.
Thanks given by:
Lol this isnt about us :) pm
Thanks given by:
(18 Jun 11, 03:52AM)Viper Wrote: You should also keep in mind that looking for very competitive clans is hard since (obviously) they're very competitive, i.e. they're very skilled :D

(17 Jun 11, 01:20AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: w00p, TyD, DES, BC, oNe, MyS, legacy, fR, BME, PB, O3, TBR, Xu, TaS, #M|A#, BoB, AND eQ

Yea boi.

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.
Thanks given by:
lmao eQ , Hype and PB
Thanks given by:
"are some of the types of clans that aren't run by 11 year olds, and actually have a matured system of recruitment. "

Ok, PB, not sure what we dont qualify for ;) I am not 11, not close. Also, I see nothing wrong with our recruitment process. We get exactly what we want. Nor do I see you around much, so who are you to judge?
Thanks given by: