Bots in custom maps?
How do I get bots into the maps I make? I made spawn points and all...do bots only work on the pre-made maps? Do my custom maps only work with multi-player?

~Thanks in advance!~
Thanks given by:
Do you have bot waypoints? And are you trying to use the default menu to load it? (The default menu only lists the maps that come with the game.)
Thanks given by:
Um....no? Just how do I?
Thanks given by:
use /mode to load a bot compatible mode - then /map to vote whatever map you want.

Bot waypoints will be auto-generated by AssaultCube - and you can just /addnbot however many bots you want for each team. You may find some use out of my /stbots script available here. :)

If you use the /stbots script you can make it really quick and easy to start your favorite bot mode on your favorite map (official or custom) by binding something like this to a key:

bind "KEY" [mode 7; sleep 10 [map ac_complex; sleep 20 [stbots 4 good]]]

That would start a 2v2 round of bot team deathmatch (skill level good) on ac_complex all in 30 ms. :P

HTH
Thanks given by:
I'm having the same problem as Retalia.
Despite the tips given, I cannot add bots to a custom map.
(error message: map does not support bots )

bind "F4" [mode 7; sleep 10 [map my_map; sleep 20 [stbots 4 good]]] does load the map, but no bots are present??
doing stbots 4 good from the commandline gives an unknown command error
???
Thanks given by:
You must install the stbots script before you can use the stbots script. :P

Get it here:

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-38-post-4...ml#pid4776

Edit: or follow the directions in my original post here and use /mode and /map and /addnbot.
Thanks given by:
(22 Jul 10, 07:11PM)Bukz Wrote: You must install the stbots script before you can use the stbots script. :P

Get it here:

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-38-post-4...ml#pid4776

Edit: or follow the directions in my original post here and use /mode and /map and /addnbot.

Thanks Bukz, I'll give it a try!
Thanks given by:
Been a while but I'll give it a try, thanks in advance!

EDIT:
I did what you said and it works exactly how I wanted it too. Thank you very much :D!
Thanks given by: