Regards with Gema Map....
I just heard that there's even more mapresicrtions in new version of AssaultCube...

I am fine with it only because I dont really like TwinTowers & @Camper maps....

But still..... is it possible for server to be exclude from the offical release and keep running modified version ( New rescritions will applied to new maps and "Training Maps" Gema maps will still run regeards it have different ceiling value....

Thanks given by:
I have seen plenty of gema's that still fit the map requisites.
Thanks given by:
Most of them being played at the moment would legitimately fit the requisites, I would think.

From what I can figure out, the devs aren't making the restrictions stricter but are just refining them to something less easily cheated (such as removing the max height bug).

I would still like to see a maximum absolute height restriction.
Thanks given by:
Good point..
Thanks given by:
Maybe most gemas need a small fix in new ac, but from wat i tested in svn, only 2 or 3 gemas work out of the 30 i had in maprot, and yes i went threw my whole ~886 maps in my maprot which work in the current release 1104, out of my maprot a couple of hundred dont work in svn
Thanks given by:
What are the new map restrictions?
Thanks given by:
Mainly fixing the workarounds with height and pickup density afaik.
Thanks given by:
So pretty much any gema which doesn't causes eye haemorrhaging (i.e. gemas that took longer than eight minutes and had some care put into them [they're out there, believe me]) will probably make it through the restrictions.
* Frogulis goes off to test his gemas in SVN
Thanks given by:
frogulis, please do me a favor and test all of my maps?
Thanks given by:
I don't have all of your maps :| (well, I probably do :P)
Can you upload them or something? (without any custom media please)
Thanks given by:
just type gema_bugboy and TAB key! there should be #1, 2, and 3

# 4 to # 10 is under developing
Thanks given by:
Wait wait wait. Why aren't there over 10 exclamation points in the names of your gemas??!!!
Thanks given by:
Gema_Bugboy1028_map_num.1!!!!!!!!!! seems ugly map name to me -.-
Thanks given by:
Indeed it is.
Unfortunately, your gemas 1 and 2 do not work.
Neither do mine :/

Developz0rz: What have you done with the requisites exactly?
Thanks given by:
1) "Height overflow" has been fixed - you can no longer circumvent the restrictions by just making your map extremely high.
2) There is now a check for absolute height - if more than a certain number of cubes exceed the threshold, the map gets blocked.
Thanks given by:
As far as I understand it, if more than 6000 cubes on a map is over 30 cubes in height, the map fails the height checks. To see the number of "height hits" - use /showmapstats.
Thanks given by:
So, my gema map #3 passed the new restrictions?
what you meant, Bukz?
Thanks given by:
I believe Bukz was saying that if over 6000 cubes in your map have an absolute (not average) ceiling height of 30 cubes or above then it doesn't meet the requisites.
* Frogulis is pleased.
EDITZ: and /showmapstats will show you how many cubes go over this limit
Thanks given by: