General Gaming Community: Need Input!!!
Some gamer friends and I, with the help of a few members of various gaming communities, are in the beta stages of working on a general gaming website. This website is to act as a hub for competitive play, as some leagues require an established team with website and from that idea we've decided to go slightly broader.

We were originally going to focus on Starcraft 2, and the upcoming games Diablo 3/ Guildwars 2. However, we're very interesting in expanding to other games and establishing a clan like system for individual games and perhaps a overall clan like status for those willing to pledge themselves to our community for all the games we are established in. Much of the details are being currently worked out among my fellow founders and would be members who are contributing their efforts.

I've posted this not to pull members, I won't even mention the future site or the organizations name for that reason, I am merely looking for some input from fellow gamers on a few subjects.

So in no particular order here are some questions:

-What other games would you suggest to be included within this community?

-Besides a basic page and a forum what other features would you suggest we look into getting?

-would live streams for any games we play be something that you would support or watch?

-we expect to cross a number of genres of games, do you think this is a positive or negative for the future of our organization

That's all I can think of. Any helpful tips or suggestions from anyone would be helpful, although hearing from some of the various webmasters of clan sites and gaming communities would prove to be especially helpful.

I'm new to this stuff, and although members of my team aren't, I find this stuff incredibly tedious and I know to make this a success it will take a tremendous investment of time and effort with no absolute guarantee. So wish me luck!!! I think I'll need it.

Excuse errors please, it is 5 am at the moment.. O.O
Thanks given by:
Hey Woolly.

Some game suggestions: CoD 4/5/6/7, maybe CS;S and 1.6 and some other really popular games. You could maybe even have some racing games or something.

I would watch live streams 4 sure and could maybe host them :)

I am willing to help in this project ^_^
Thanks given by:
Maybe include gaming peripheral reviews, unless you are not going near tech reviews or any of that
Thanks given by:
Starcraft 2, League of Legends, DoTA 2 on release

all very active e-sport games, ESPECIALLY sc2

inb4 brood war, never played by non-Koreans
would like to add that I'm very interested in this idea, would love to be involved
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the input guys. I'd like to say that SC2, is definitely going to be part of this group and hopefully we can get involved with some competitive play in the future. GW 2 will also be part of the group just due to the history our founders and I have with it, as we were semi-pro in the gvg circuit in the original GW and hope that this new game will have the same sort of competitive base.

I'd like to make it clear that although we seem to have more of an interest in team and competitive play, we will also have huge sections of the group devoted to non-competitive play for those who just like running through RPGs or other games with a group of team mates that they know from a group. I know I'll be involved in both types of play.

It seems that LoL keeps coming up quite a bit, so I do believe we'll add a section. Only one of our main group play it, but I believe the game is big enough that we can elect some individual who knows the game well to spear head the LoL recruitment and discussion if not we can always have a section for discussion anyway even if the group isn't overly involved in it.

I'm really loving the reviews idea, and it would be something I think I would love to incorporated. We've already decided to include an extensive RSS feed showcasing news from games we endorse, and those which are widely talked about on our forums even if we as a group don't play them. I'd love to throw some reviews into that mix blog style, with open comments for members who wish to add their input as well.

So far this post has been very helpful, thanks to all.

PS, as for FPS games there hasn't been a huge demand made yet but when we get the temp forums up while we work on the main site and features we'll have a very open discussion about the genre being included. I would like to see it personally, but I only play AC and it looks like in the near future be playing TF2 as some mates want me to play that lol.
Thanks given by:
I would be careful about including so many different genres from the beginning, but it might be nice to add different games from time to time - so the users dont get overwhelmed and the sections dont look so emtpy at the beginning ;)

Other games (from all kind of genres) I like are: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, Counter Strike, Tomb Raider, Trackmania, Minecraft and Gothic!
Maybe Quake would be a good choice too.

Reviews would be awesome! A clan system sounds nice (maybe like the one on crossfire.nu?)

I already gave you some suggestions earlier, I'll post new ideas here ;) Cya!

Thanks given by:
We're trying to offset a balance between the general gaming community in which communities we're heavily going to take part in as a clan. The idea is to first have a limited amount of games where there are clan factions and other games will be discussed in a separate section. If these other games get enough community support we'll make a separate section just for that particular game, if the interest continues we'll endorse the making of a clan section, speak with our staff, and elect someone to spear head the project.
Thanks given by:
Maybe add games who a lot of AC players already play.
Like CrossFire or Urban Terror.
Thanks given by:
We're now strongly considering the addition of some FPS games, although I was trying to keep this project away from AC for some time so not to look like it was my next step after hopping from my clan. A courtesy of respect.

The games we've been considering are ones which big PC player bases TF2, and the the COD franchise. AC perhaps some time after that, but that's a big limb. Although these will mostly likely be implemented after we establish our RPG base, and our set up our one RTS (SC2) base. :)

We're busting our asses as it is to get this community up and running, some elements will have to come slower due to just time constrictions, money, and over all will. We don't wish to make such a huge entity only to have it come crashing down.. Medium size steps for now, play it safe and survive.

Thanks for everyone's input. I regularly link this post to my partners so they too can review your comments and suggestions. :)
Thanks given by:
if it would be inter-game clan, it would be better to create the clan in each included game with leader and send potential members to the main sites.

The advantage of such great clan is you can meet very various and interesting people and will be simpler to form groups for projects. The problem can be in main leadership and in its structure.

GL
Thanks given by:
Bump.
Thanks given by:
You should probably look at some racing games, for Example: Track Mania or something like that.. it used to have a heap of competitive clans from what i remember.
Thanks given by:
Thought I would announce the good news and tell everyone the hosting has FINALLY come through. We've developed a forum, and are currently working on the site. Getting members to join the forum has been problematic, as they would rather continue participate through in game guild systems...

Anyway, we're currently operating in:

Guildwars, Sc2 (to a limited degree), Rift, and still plan on expanding into other games and holding discussion about many more.

I'd like to thank everyone for the suggestions, as many have been helpful enough to be taken under great consideration for the main page. Its an open community so feel free to stop by and participate. :)

Thanks again for all the help!

SMASH! :D
Thanks given by:
This should be updated. XD

Is it going well?
Thanks given by:
So far so good, unfortunately I'm on vacation as are some of the other founders so we're doing our best to work on it when we can. The .com is settled and the website and its features are still incomplete to a level of satisfaction so that will remain under construction for the time being. The forum is up and running, but we're still having difficultly getting members of our Guildwars and Rift branches to join the forum. Not that we're looking for more members to look good but getting the main discussion areas rolling it would be nice.

The team has been accepted into some smaller team starcraft leagues so that's a nice start for that area and the Rift guild is apparently gaining much recognition (I don't play that game, so I'm unsure of the mechanics inside. but I'm being assured its a success by forum members and leaders)

All in all its coming along, I expect once we have a nice main site offering VoDs, Live Streams, and hosting tourneys things will progress much faster. Thanks for the interest ;)

Thanks given by:
Guild wars you say? I play that. Can I join :D
Thanks given by:
Woolly, why don't you give us a link to your forum?
Thanks given by:
I would Shorty, but I'm unsure what the procedure about link dropping is on this forum as it isn't really AC related. Get someone to give me the go ahead and I'll link no problem until then anyone who is interested can PM me I assume.
Thanks given by:
Go ahead, drop it. You had legit uses for this thread, and its in offtopic.

Nor are you giving it as an advertisement (or you are respecting AC if you are)
Thanks given by:
Well if thats the case...

Our hub is www.illomen.com, bought, and currently under construction and will be up looking nice and pretty soon enough.

The functioning forum, with an ugly theme (we're working on a custom one), is at this address:

www.forum.illomen.com

Feel free to register, and discuss in any of our sections or bring up any other games that aren't mentioned. Although we're focused in many games it doesn't mean we aren't opposed to general gaming news and discussion. We're also looking for game reviewers, game streamers etc.. if anyone is interested in that sort of thing. ;)

Thanks to RR for the go ahead.
Thanks given by: