Banned from AssaultCube IRC (???)
I was doing a private match with a friend today when I realized my server, which I had successfully registered just two days ago, was no longer on the masterserver list. Confused, I went to the AssaultCube IRC to ask what might have happened. Before I could actually get an answer, Brahma, without saying anything, banned me from the IRC. What's going on here? What did I do wrong? :-(
Thanks given by:
You were identified as a known cheater... and we usually do not allow known/active cheaters in the IRC or in this forum.
Thanks given by:
D-: What?!
Thanks given by:
This is the relevant chat log:

[1419 14] ;;; InitialSAW [[email protected]] has joined #assaultcube                
[1420 12] ( InitialSAW) Hey, my server is suddenly not on the masterserver list anymore. What happened? It was there yesterday
[1420 52] (@Gibstick) Did your IP change?
[1420 59] ( InitialSAW) no, i was using a host
[1421 54] (@Gibstick) Perhaps your internal IP changed
[1421 55] (@Gibstick) Check
[1422 03] ( InitialSAW) i did
[1422 05] ;;; mode/#assaultcube [+b *!*@*.asm.bellsouth.net] by Brahma
[1422 11] (@Brahma) hey... it worked
[1422 18] ;;; InitialSAW was kicked from #assaultcube by Brahma [wibble]              
[1422 21] (@BCFHaerkefiende) haha                                        
[1422 28] (@BCFHaerkefiende) no place for cheaters ;)

Later:

[1440 50] ( Jack-is) Brahma: Hello, InitialSAW is on the AC forum wondering why he was banned. (And I also am
                     wondering why you banned an entire Bellsouth region). What may I tell him?
[1441 25] ( Aqua_) lol
[1441 30] (@pwnage-) Jack-is, I'll tell him
[1441 33] ( Jack-is) Okay.
[1441 34] (@flowtron) Jack-is: I didn't. It seems he was found to be a known cheater, maybe even cheat-provider
[1441 35] (@Brahma) Jack-is: your friend was identified as a known cheater
[1441 44] ( Jack-is) Thank you.

mod edit: removed irrelevant bits
Thanks given by:
Well that sucks :( I don't even cheat. Why does this community have to be so paranoid about cheating?! I've gotten kicked from a server claiming I was "speedhacking" because I was straferunning!
Thanks given by:
http://www.26things.com/ac/forum/wotan_2...now_DM.dmo

edit: And in case anyone thinks it might not be the same InitialSAW, this cheat was at 98.88.115.79 (whois points about 100 miles East of Atlanta, GA, US) and the posts above came from 72.152.11.249 (Guess where).
Thanks given by:
:-/ I didn't know unintentional lag was consider cheatinng. Whoops
Thanks given by:
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1641/...awping.png

It wasn't unintentional lag that got you banned- I believe your highest spike was a result of server lag. I'm guessing it was a combination of 63% AR accuracy, 100% Sniper accuracy and 36% headshots though I haven't actually viewed the demo.
Thanks given by:

= Eatonton, Macon area, Georgia, USA

any further questions?
Thanks given by:
Wait let me get this straight, I haven't watched the demo, but if someone is "too" accurate, then they must be cheaters? If that is your guys mentality you're all very arrogant.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 10, 09:32PM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote: 72.152.11.249

= Eatonton, Macon area, Georgia, USA

any further questions?

I can find locations with IP addresses too.
Thanks given by:
Dude, do you really think we´re that dumb, InitialSaw?

This is the internet! The wonderful place where you can get information about every person. Next time just don´t post too much information about yourself. This way you maybe won´t get caught!
Thanks given by:
This is ridiculous. I'm done. If you're going to reply to this, you might as well be replying to a brick wall. Thank you, have a nice day.
Thanks given by:
Bye bye!
Thanks given by:
(18 Jul 10, 09:49PM)Zomg! Wrote: Wait let me get this straight, I haven't watched the demo, but if someone is "too" accurate, then they must be cheaters? If that is your guys mentality you're all very arrogant.

He was already known as a cheater. The accuracy doesn't prove it but it sure as hell doesn't help. I wasn't the one to ban him, and the evidence above isn't the evidence used. I'm fairly certain there were other evidences against him.
Thanks given by:
Calm down people. Anyone who's watched the demo will tell you he's using an aimbot and has zero recoil on his AR. He has such massive snaps to random directions, it's a wonder he didn't end up dizzy. I lost count of the number of servers I saw him cheating in, often with one of those ridiculous scores like 373-1.

Closed, because it's quite clear this guy is an ignorant fool who supposes everyone else is the same.
Thanks given by: