Grenade Launcher
Hey guys,
I made a grenade launcher for AC. Here's a small datasheet ;)
[Image: c2n75fu23or5.jpg]

If you wanna watch some gameplay, here you go:

Thanks to Viper for this video!

And here's the downloadlink : http://www.akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=888

Have fun with it :)

EDIT: Now with sound
Thanks given by:
"6-Chamber System for up to 3 grenades"
Love that part xD

But gj, finally someone made one :)
Thanks given by:
Yeah, small joke :D
Thanks you. Aer, do you know how to fix this "flashing" of the GL after the shot?
But I think you can't fix it :(
Thanks given by:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I think you can fix it, as I don't remember any flashing on the lemon launcher mod.
Thanks given by:
Nice!
All AC needs now is lawnmowers. xD
Thanks given by:
Nice mod! I lol'ed at the 6 chamber-3 grenade thing
Thanks given by:
Thanks to all :)
Yeah, I'll take a look on his mod, thanks for this info :D

Edit: Meeh, the lemon launcher had this problem too :(.
So If slow_old_man can't fix it, nobody can fix it ;)
Thanks given by:
I love this idea!
Thanks given by:
I got myself a new grenade model :DD
Thanks given by:
This is honestly the best idea for explosive weaponry other than hand nades. SUPER FRAGS TO YOU. OR WILL THEY BE GIBS?
Thanks given by:
1 point gibs. I checked myself.
Thanks given by:
dayum =)
I'd get it if I was downloading faster than...erm...dialup speed...
Thanks given by:
Frogulis: Mhm, how long would it take to download 206 kb? It's really not more :)

And.........I added a sound. Enjoy =)
Thanks given by:
It's not so much the speed that bothers me, it's the fact that any constant use will probably make my connection die and leave me without internet (also, dialup speed is terrible considering that it should be doing usable ADSL speeds.)
Other than that, that's a nice small download. Later tonight :D
Thanks given by:
Oh man, I'm sorry for for you :(

EDIT: Well, I updated the position of the GL now, it looks much better :)
Take a look at it :)
Thanks given by:
(06 Jun 11, 12:10PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: Oh man, I'm sorry for for you :(

(11 Jun 11, 11:44PM)Dementium4ever Wrote: Well, I updated the position of the GL now, it looks much better :)
Take a look at it :)

[Image: 2u91jes.jpg]

Wait... isn't the forums supposed to automatically merge double posts and add a horizontal line in between each?

within a certain time limit, which makes sense so that if you have something pertinent to add to a thread a couple weeks later, it doesn't just append it to your last post.
Thanks given by:
Why not make that a .ogg? There are a multitude of prgrams that'll let you convert it. .ogg is even smaller in size ;)
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 11, 01:57AM)VenteX Wrote: Wait... isn't the forums supposed to automatically merge double posts and add a horizontal line in between each?

yes, however it has a check to see if they are in quick sucession.
Thanks given by:
Gameplay video:

One prob i have so far is the skin of the nade while its flying.
Thanks given by:
Another problem: The arm is REALLY skinny compared to when holding other weapons, so it feels a bit odd. Also, it flashes when you shoot. I'm guessing this is just the way AC works, so there's probably not much you can do about it.

And yes, I agree with Lantry. The whole thing could use a slightly better skin, but the model itself is fantastic.

Edit: Thought I'd try my nooby GIMP skills at doing a skin for the grenade. Looks much better in-game than here, and it's intentionally designed/colored a lot like the default hand grenade.

[Image: skindz.jpg]

Goes into packages\models\weapons\grenade\static. Sorry for the lack of a screenshot. (It's a bit difficult to take a screenie of a nade that's flying through the air.)
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 11, 03:54AM)VenteX Wrote: And yes, I agree with Lantry. The whole thing could use a slightly better skin, but the model itself is fantastic.

What a ripoff! This tinfoil hat is supposed to shield my head from mind-reading rays!

EDIT: whoops, had the shiny side on the inside instead of the outside. That explains why it wasn't working.
Thanks given by:
(12 Jun 11, 03:54AM)VenteX Wrote: Sorry for the lack of a screenshot. (It's a bit difficult to take a screenie of a nade that's flying through the air.)

1) Shoot grenade launcher
2) Get demo
3) Play demo
4) Type /gamespeed 10
5) Take screenshot

PROFIT!

Thanks given by:
Can we skip straight to "PROFIT!"?
Thanks given by:
Ohmygod, so many posts overnight :D
So, let's start:

1. Sorry for the doublepost, I'll try to fix it
2. @ Viper: Ok, I'll make it .ogg. Thanks for your video, can I embedd it in the first entry of this thread?
3. @ Ventex: Does the arm eve look skinny to you, in the new version? I'll try your skin later today. I haven't got any timee befor :(.

Thanks to everyone who helps me to improve the model. (That's why I love opensource :D)

EDIT: It'sa patcha day ;)

I fixed the most problems: -The seam on the arm is gone now
-The animation is a bit faster
-sound is in .ogg format now (saves 4 kb :D)
-The arm is a bit thicker now
Thanks given by:
Nice! I like how the sound is mono :)

*cough* human sound mod *cough*
Thanks given by:
(14 Jun 11, 12:26PM)Gibstick Wrote: Nice! I like how the sound is mono :)

*cough* human sound mod *cough*

I love these random references :D

*BOOM* says Vipers 14 your old voice.
Thanks given by:
Well from the vid it looks pretty consistent.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 11, 08:54PM)titiPT Wrote: Well from the vid it looks pretty consistent.

Try to download it :)
Looks much better in real-time...
Thanks given by:
I especially like firing multiple nades in a row. I'm surprised you didn't do that in your vid, viper.
Thanks given by:
Well, I realized that later Lantry. XD
Thanks given by: