Recording AssaultCube HUD issue.
I'm running on a Mac and using Quicktime Pro to record my screen. So as I'm playing, everything runs great - FPS at 60 - no lag at all. But when I go back to view my recording, the HUD (HP, Armor, Gun Model, Console Messages) disappears momentarily. This happens all through-out the video. The HUD will be there one moment and the next, nothing. As far as I can tell there are no other graphical errors either. Any ideas?
ur
Also, player models turn into weird black transparent ghosts on and off like the HUD. But everything else is captured fine.
Thanks given by:
I have never encountered this! I do use a less free method of screen capture though.
Thanks given by:
Maybe it's because of the program that's recording?
Thanks given by:
Are you recording demos?

Ronald what do you use? I need a new one since my trial for SnapX ended :(
Thanks given by:
Screenium. As I said, not free.
Thanks given by:
1) Are you recording demos or live play?
2) When you record, are you playing fullscreen or not?

When you said that the HUD would come and go, you mean as if it was "blinking", or were the pauses between the times where the HUD disappeared longer?
Thanks given by:
this is insane - any screen-capture tool does exactly what it says on the tin - it captures the content of the screen; it can't distinguish between worldrender() and hudrender().
Either the tool is seriously broken - reading in-between GL-buffer-swapping - or you have a user expecting results that aren't right.
Like |BC|Wolf says : it depends on whether you're recording 1st-person, spectator/ghost or one of the chasing-cameramodes.
If there really is a frame where you should be seeing the HUD and you're not then I'm mostly interested in the pixels showing in the areas where the HUD should be.
I really don't get the "black ghosts" reference either .. is that some form of trying to describe the LAG-transparency-animation !?!? .. come to think of it .. all this might be pointing at faulty hardware (72.4% probable cause: gfx-card)
Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/user/otoris#p/u/4/xn-3pIep2xU

Here is the video. Recorded at 60-62 FPS is what it was jumping between while recording.
No FSAA on, every other graphics option on highest. Probably just something apple does with quicktime weird with openGL capture....
Version 1.1.0.4
I'm playing at fullscreen.
And it is live play.

Edit: Changed the link slightly; there were cheat videos in the old link's suggestions. Links to your profile now and hopefully auto-plays the video in question. If not you could change it back.
Thanks given by:
My screen's size is 1280 x 800, I got a Mac as well, and same thing happens to me when I record fullscreen. In the AC launcher simply select windowed and choose a screen size that fits most of the screen, for me it's 1152 x 720. I don't know if Quicktime Pro lets you crop the video to a smaller size (I use Screenflow and Screenium) so if not, I'm pretty sure that you can crop videos/images in iMovie anyways.

HTH.
Thanks given by:
I might add that I have the same issue on a Windows XP machine. I have tried quite a few different software packages, including Fraps and CamStudio, and they all have this flickering issue.
Thanks given by:
Can you specify task priority/affinity on Mac? If so I'd be curious to see what setting Quicktime to a higher priority would do.
Thanks given by:
I'd try playing windowed on the same resolution as youtube plays your video and recording only that area.
Thanks given by: