Osama_Springs
Hi all. Im a noob at computers so I didnt know how to upload pictures nor was I able to upload this map onto quadropolis or akimbo. Try this map if you want. I have confidence that you will enjoy it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5gnj9i1ar05xszg
Thanks given by:
we already got him
Thanks given by:
Hmm... how many maps have you made before?

I'm not the best at mapping, but I think I should some of this before you make another one.
First of all, the layout is (obviously) symmetrical. I try and avoid this, so it has a more realistic look rather than an arena one.
Usually I also try and avoid to make it possible for a player to see the bottom of the skymap.
Also, for platforms, it is possible to change the texture of them.
Speaking of mapmodels, 2 trees max. is the recommendation for maps. There's 4 in your map, which makes it a bit laggy on my computer (keep in mind that AC runs on bad computers).
I think that that's all I have to say...

EDIT: Oh right, it's a good first attempt BTW. :)
Thanks given by:
The ridiculousness...My idiotic internet can't OPEN Mediafire so I can download a 2kB file!!!
>:O
[/rant]
Thanks given by:
@HellJanitorIsHispanic: uh wut?
@ orynge: ok thanks man. idk i was sorta tryin to make it an arena type map yea ill keep trees to a minimum.

This is pretty much my first map ever so yea it mite b a lil bit sketchy. im workin on more tho
Thanks given by:
Would you be able to post some Screenshots?
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 11, 09:09PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: @HellJanitorIsHispanic: uh wut?
I believe he was referring to the recent capture of Osama bin Laden.

Your map is quite interesting. I'm not sure which mode it would be played on except for OSOK and perhaps really huge games of LSS.
One thing I definitely liked is the buildings that surround it. Interesting layout that could lead to some ninja-ing fun :D
One of the things I noticed straight away with your map is how square it looks - the oasis appears especially odd. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but it looks unnaturally perfect in places.
Will try playing it if I get a chance.

Thanks given by:
nice map, although the texture of the buildings i will probably change to give it a bit more of a desert-style building, but its a good design. Also, are the wall textures along the oasis sides intentional? Looks a little weird.

Otherwise, good job. I'd happily play on this map
Thanks given by:
@Duckett: haha dude i have no idea how...
@Frogulis: i originally intended it to be a high-intensity ctf map but the geometry is a lil off for that. there are no FFA spawn points :(
@Revilo and Frogulis: yea the oasis is a design flaw. i needed to re-edit it becuz the mean area was somewhere is the 11000s. as i sed im not the most experienced mapper and theres alotta shit i need to work on haha.

Thank you all for the advice and compliments
Thanks given by:
No FFA spawns?!
O_O_O_O
GO. NOW. DO. IT.
Please :)
Thanks given by:
I think you have a little too many pickups, it's ookay to have them symmetrical, but having 3 healths in each small pond is a bit much. I also noticed you had 3 vests within a very close range as well.
Thanks given by: