Base Assault Map
Hi guys.
Well, I made this one after my last one got stuffed cos of the restrictions.
Any comments or suggestions, good and bad are welcome.

[Image: 20110529_091045_Base_TDM.jpg]
[Image: 20110529_091022_Base_TDM.jpg]
[Image: 20110529_091013_Base_TDM.jpg]
[Image: 20110529_091154_Base_TDM.jpg]

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3e2943q9dya4rb3
(Compressed using WinRar)
EDIT: No need for Winrar, updated link here
Thanks given by:
Reminds me of Krizllys_funhouse...
Thanks given by:
I didn't download it yet, but by watching those screenshots I think I'd feel dizzy playing there.....
Thanks given by:
It's not a very big map, so not sure how youd get very dizzy...
Thanks given by:
(01 Jun 11, 12:03PM)Revilo Wrote: It's not a very big map, so not sure how youd get very dizzy...

I think he's referring to the lack of texture variation.
Thanks given by:
(01 Jun 11, 12:03PM)Revilo Wrote: It's not a very big map, so not sure how youd get very dizzy...

(01 Jun 11, 12:51PM)Orynge Wrote: I think he's referring to the lack of texture variation.
Yes. That texture destroys my psychic balance.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, you should certainly think what else could the walls, floors and ceilings look like to put some variation.
Thanks given by:
Oh, fair nuff aye. Yeh it's supposed to be a military-style base, so I'm pretty sure those dont have much variation in texture
Thanks given by:
Lol this does in a way, remind me of Krizzly's Funhouse too...

But with the lack in texture variation...even thought it is themed as a military base... What you could do add a few more mapmodels to make the map seem less empty and plain.
Also, it would be nice if you make the map less bright (e.g. the hallway); by that I mean to take care in you lighting. Take a look at the official maps and some other [well-made] custom maps out there to get an idea of how the mapmaker did the lights.
Other than that, I guess you could umm... Add some vents/doors to add that much more detail. :)

Thanks given by:
looks good, the window doors being a clever touch, although I haven't downloaded it yet.
As for the textures I think it could do with the grey texture for the ceiling (the texture that is default for platforms) and a new texture for the border that goes round the tops of all the walls. See what other maps use for that.
Thanks given by:
I haven't looked at it yet so I don't have much of an opinion as of yet. By what I've seen just a few things:

1) Compress in a .zip format not .rar (easier to download cross-platform)
2) The wire texture on the border of the ceiling is uni-directional even when the geometry obviously moves it in a different direction. There is another variant of that texture going the opposite way, look into that.
3) Your use of heavy mapmodels in that 'control' room is making my lag-senses tingle.
4) Use more textures.
Thanks given by:
Yeh, thanks guys. Think I'll be remodelling this map a bit, although with the textures bit not entirely sure what to change it to, but I'll have a look.
Thanks given by:
Show us your next version when its ready!
Thanks given by:
Okay guys so I redid the map a little bit, changed up the textures and added a few more details. Hope you guys like this one.
Oh and still can't figure out a good ceiling texture. Help with that would be great (name of the texture if possible so i can look it up in the packages)

Screenshots: http://photobucket.com/Base_Assault (Direct link)
Downlad link: (Still trying to figure out Akimbo) http://www.mediafire.com/?h3juuuzw8ysil57
Thanks given by: