Logs not appearing
My server is running quite well, but the logs aren't appearing anywhere in my installation folder. I know running the server is supposed to create a log by default, but can I manually force logs to be written or whatever with a command line switch?

Edit: I tried the "-LF" command line (tried 0-4, with no results). Also tried "-V" for the hell of it. No avail.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a problem of permissions. Allow the server to write in his own folder
Thanks given by:
It's already allowed in the security tab of it's properties.
Thanks given by:
Are you sure ?! What's your OS ?
Thanks given by:
windows 7, and yeah lol. Its defaulted to have writing permissions.
Thanks given by:
with vista, by default, normal users don't have writing permissions in program files. Unless you changed something, it shouldn't work (if windows 7 works like vista)
Thanks given by:
Same thing happened to me. I gave myself (all 3 User Control Accounts -- V-Man, Administrator, and Owner -- which in itself is like WTF) permission and it still wouldn't write. Later, the problem just sort of went away. Windows 7 is a fickle little hippopotamus.
Thanks given by:
umm, look for your log in C:\users\user\appdata\"something"\"something" or your document\Assaultcubev1.1
(on win7)
im not really sure cuz my logs are stored in installation folder. i had that problem long time ago.
Thanks given by:
sorry for posting here if this is an old thread or already solved.
server log files appear in the current working directory.
so if you are running a batch file in the "program files\assaultcube" folder, they would appear in the "program files\assaultcube" directory and if you're running it from a different folder, or in the command line, they will show in the directory that you were currently in. this is just from my experience. i've had them show in "C:\" and "assaultcube\bin_win32" before depending on how i ran it.
if you don't have permission to write to the folder, they wont show. running as administrator should of course allow it to write.
i dont have my server in the "program files" folder so i can't say about that specifically.
Thanks given by: