[SkitTek] My first attempt... [Updated]
Here's V1 of the map, called Trilateral.
---
Download
Virus Scan
---

Notes:
The ladders on the structure with the silver brick center-piece (pictures 8 & 9) are glitchy, working on them for V2.

WQD Levels never exceed 4500 and my FPS is never below 78, although the middle room might be a little slow for very old machines when your on the main platforms on either side. Should be fine once you drop down.

Screenshots:
[Image: 1-5.jpg]
[Image: 2-5.jpg]
[Image: 3-5.jpg]
[Image: 4-5.jpg]
[Image: 5-4.jpg]
[Image: 6-3.jpg]
[Image: 7-2.jpg]
[Image: 8-2.jpg]
[Image: 9-2.jpg]
[Image: 10-1.jpg]

----------------------
\/ Original Thread \/
----------------------
I've been playing AC for a while, decided I should get into the community more :D

The first grass-walled room is kind of a sniper haven, whether your using a sniper or not...
The middle room with the tiled walls and platforms is only half done, I need to add structures below the water.
The third room is obviously uncomplete.

Notes:
Spawns, pickups, and lights have not been added, so use fullbright for the time being.

Download
----------
Virus Scan

Constructive comments on the first room are appreciated, as well as suggestions for improving any of the rooms are also greatly appreciated.

Screenies:
[Image: 1-3.png]
[Image: 2-3.png]
[Image: 3-3.png]
[Image: 4-3.png]
[Image: 5-2.png]
[Image: 6-1.png]
Thanks given by:
Here's some constructive criticism;
You said that it isn't finished, right? Here's a tip, don't post unfinished maps :P Also, you said to play with fullbright on for the time being, i think that fullbright is only used in edit mode. Unless you meant for people to help you finish it by posting it.
Thanks given by:
Eh, if anyone wants to modify it then post screenies then it's cool. And I just meant use fullbright for anyone who downloaded it to look around. I don't mean for people to actually play on this map, unless they want to xD

For now I just need to finish the general layout with mapmodels/geometry, then lights, and i'll release it as a full map for people to play/edit or w/e they want.
Thanks given by:
I thought you meant something like that =P
Thanks given by:
You have a problem with the 45th texture? :P
Thanks given by:
I've seen grass walls in some map before! ;D
Thanks for the screenshots. Looks like a "funmap" ;)
Thanks given by:
(21 May 11, 01:24PM).ExodusS* Wrote: You have a problem with the 45th texture? :P

Lol, I'm just trying to keep each room slightly uniform. Might change the platforms in the water room to a different texture.
Thanks given by:
(21 May 11, 01:38PM)Nightmare Wrote: Looks like a "funmap" ;)
Then it wont vote. You can't have a fun map in 1.1, there are quality requisites in place to make sure it can't happen.
SkittleTek, it is important that you know that this game prides itself on realistic environments (ac douze as an example) rather than maps being at all enjoyable to play.
How do you think space invaders, pac man or super mario brothers got so popular?
It's all about the realism...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, yeah, we all know. But tbh, do you really think it would be fun to play on that map?
Thanks given by:
(22 May 11, 08:05PM)Hellspell Wrote:
(21 May 11, 01:38PM)Nightmare Wrote: Looks like a "funmap" ;)
Then it wont vote. You can't have a fun map in 1.1, there are quality requisites in place to make sure it can't happen.
SkittleTek, it is important that you know that this game prides itself on realistic environments (ac douze as an example) rather than maps being at all enjoyable to play.
How do you think space invaders, pac man or super mario brothers got so popular?
It's all about the realism...
I hope your being sarcastic about mario brothers being realistic :S
Thanks given by:
I think his whole post was sarcastic. Either that, or my sarcasmeter really needs to be recalibrated.
Thanks given by:
Well, his post is sarcastic for sure, though I doubt it happens to be helpful for someone.
Thanks given by:
(23 May 11, 11:22AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: I doubt it happens to be helpful for someone

Au contraire, I am doubtless that because of my comment skittle has been inspired to make his map 'more fitting to this game' shall we say?
Thanks given by:
Whatever... Back on topic, shall we?
Thanks given by:
telling skittle his map needs more realism isn't on topic?
Thanks given by:
I've seen grass walls in my life, most of them were illegal xD
Thanks given by:
(24 May 11, 07:04PM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: I've seen grass walls in my life, most of them were illegal xD
Quotes thread :P

Anyway, weird map, really weird map. The choice of the textures is WTF? And there are many ooooooopen spaces!

Thanks given by:
(24 May 11, 04:46PM)Hellspell Wrote: telling skittle his map needs more realism isn't on topic?

Oh seriously,... why I'm even bothering to discuss with such little smartasses like you, having way too much time, yet no idea how to spend it usefully.

This is what AC has become. A few guys trying to keep the game up and running and shitloads of rats only complaining, demanding and playing the genius critical and morally superior brains.

Pfff... I've got real business to care about. CYA.
Thanks given by:
Lol xD

Is this supposed to be a GEMA map?
Thanks given by:
Meh its just a map. And I know AC is supposed to be "real" and "gritty" but i'm not trying to get into the official package, so there you go lol.
Thanks given by: