[WIP] AC Matrixed
[Image: matrixed.png]
Well, this is a mod the HTC Team (me, Lucas, Alien, LeeZH and others) was working on to, but since the team is on standby and most of the members have other things to do atm, I decided to present it to you, in the hope of having some help and keeping it alive.

It basicly consists of making AC similar to the Matrix movies. Here is the original features roadmap:

Maps
mx_construct [ALMOST DONE]- the totally white map, the Matrix basic program
mx_dojo - where Morpheus fights against Neo
mx_metro - where Neo fights against the Agent Smith
mx_bank - the vault shootout scene...

Mapmodels/playermodels
TV [DONE] - the one used in the Construct
Armchairs - used in the Construct
Telephone booth [DONE] - used for potential teleports and in the metro
Metal detector - used in the vault
Playermodel - that can fit Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Agents Smith skins

Skins
Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, Cypher? - the good guys team
Agent Smith - the bad guys

Weapons (as seen in the movie)
Glock 17 - pistol
M16 - AR
MP5K - SMG
SPAS-12 - shotgun

Textures
Construct [DONE] - well, just a white dot
Dojo textures - this clip can help
Metro textures - this can help
Vault shootout - this can help too

HUD/FX
Matrix like font - a font that fits perfectly. I made one, but it isn't good on console
Startscreen [DONE]
Bullet-time sniper [DONE]
The rest (radar, icons, and so on...)

Coding
Teleport? - Lucas made something like it. It consisted of a tel. booth that teleported to another. Unfortunately he lost all of this work :(
Bullet-time? - Some kind of reduced gamespeed to simulate the effect. It should last 10 seconds or something, to avoid abuses

That's alot of work, so I wonder if some soul can help me...... Any kind of comment is also welcome!
Thanks given by:
Dude, this sounds nice, Can't wait till you're done.
Thanks given by:
Whaaahahahaha! Awesome!
Now if only the players could do backflips...
Thanks given by:
Lmao V-Man, I wish we could do backflips also XD

but ontopic GL and I really like from what u have said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
WIN.

Cubetrix
Thanks given by:
I'd like to help, since this seems to be a longtime and quite nice project :)

But a playermodel that fits Morpheus [__] AND eg. Trinity [] could be hard ( btw. the []'s are there for the size comparison)

The weapons could be rather easy
Thanks given by:
you should have the cascading green digits when you die! that would look siiiick!
Thanks given by:
(28 May 11, 12:50PM)a_slow_old_man Wrote: I'd like to help, since this seems to be a longtime and quite nice project :)

But a playermodel that fits Morpheus [__] AND eg. Trinity [] could be hard ( btw. the []'s are there for the size comparison)

The weapons could be rather easy
Yep, then instead of Trinity (which is a problem for the missing tits too) we could use any other character...

Anyway, any other guy who's willing to help?
Thanks given by:
What about all Mr. Smith? CLA is Morpheus or Neo (probably Neo because of the closer body type), and RVSF is Mr.Smith?
Thanks given by:
Whu' bout Tank??
Thanks given by:
Since you'll change the code (at least I think so) could you be able to implend a reload and a aim animation?
Thanks given by:
what do you mean aim animation ? The current bot mapmodel hasn't used else some animations (or add some else), it can be good to do some sequence of them with keybind "M" (matrix move), but in certain angle of view it can be cheat for AC then.With pressed "M" client code would calculate possible moves with mapmodel to avoid hit by bullet. With current speed of bullets it would be super moves.

The next special keybind "G" could be changing gravity of your bot mapmodel(physic). For better jumping.

Keybind "S" for slowing game , i still don't understand how it should work.
Thanks given by:
(29 May 11, 02:17PM)Alien Wrote: what do you mean aim animation ?

I mean, that you pull the hudgun, till you see through the ironsight
And a reload animation would be neat :)

I'll take care of the anims, I "just" need coders to make it possible :)
Thanks given by:
(29 May 11, 02:22PM)a_slow_old_man Wrote:
(29 May 11, 02:17PM)Alien Wrote: what do you mean aim animation ?

I mean, that you pull the hudgun, till you see through the ironsight
And a reload animation would be neat :)

I'll take care of the anims, I "just" need coders to make it possible :)

I love you Santiago.
Thanks given by:
(29 May 11, 02:17PM)Alien Wrote: Keybind "S" for slowing game , i still don't understand how it should work.
A good idea would be to use the /gamespeed command, slowing down from 100 (default) to 40 for example, but for a limited amount of time to avoid abuses.
Thanks given by:
1 million intranets if you complete :)
Thanks given by:
I love you

This thread is win
Thanks given by:
its on a server?
or need to download it or what? ..
Thanks given by:
It sounds like it will be a completely separate object from AC, considering that there may be teleporters and bullet-time.
Am I correct?
Thanks given by:
[troll] Completely unrelated, I made a green bullet time smoke ;-D [/troll]

Either way, this seems like a nice project. I've known about this for a little while, but I'm still excited about the renewal of the project. Andrez, is there a timetable for release as of now, or are you guys playing it by ear?
Thanks given by:
This sounds like a nice mod guys, I hope some people have the time to help you out. The only thing I might be able to help with is make 1 of those maps, if I have time. Maybe the Bank map.

And yah this won't be on the ac servers, sounds like a total conversion mod to me.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 11, 05:15AM)DogDancing Wrote: This sounds like a nice mod guys, I hope some people have the time to help you out. The only thing I might be able to help with is make 1 of those maps, if I have time. Maybe the Bank map.

And yah this won't be on the ac servers, sounds like a total conversion mod to me.

If Dog offers to make you a map, well F**K me say YES! Bite his arm off, his maps are awesome

Thanks given by:
(04 Jun 11, 05:15AM)DogDancing Wrote: And yah this won't be on the ac servers, sounds like a total conversion mod to me.

Ahh okeey
ty :)

Thanks given by: