[GAME MODE]Instant Respawn T/OSOK
I think this game mode wouldn't be hard to make and would really be popular. I think respawning is one of AC's greatest flaws. Inb4 "wut about spawn campers" - maybe spawn areas could be blocked off from enemies or safe havens that u can't shoot from but i think the invisible wall thingy would be easier to program as its already done just edit to allow defending team through.
So thoughts?
Thanks given by:
(20 May 11, 08:52PM)D1551D3N7 Wrote: maybe spawn areas could be blocked off from enemies or safe havens that u can't shoot from but i think the invisible wall thingy would be easier to program as its already done just edit to allow defending team through.
So thoughts?
Bad idea. Players could simply stay inside their base and since the enemies can't do anything, the player in base won't ever die; therefore, making it a never ending round.

Besides that, I really think the least thing this game needs is another type of mode that's similar to T/OSOK. That'll just make it another over-played mode into the list. People have to learn to play all modes with a balance, and if everyone is going to simply play CTF and T/OSOK I really see no point in creating more modes.

Thanks given by:
A TOSOK mode without waiting for respawns would be very popular. This safe haven thing would not. Would I play this mode? NO.
Thanks given by:
(20 May 11, 10:13PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Bad idea. Players could simply stay inside their base and since the enemies can't do anything, the player in base won't ever die; therefore, making it a never ending round.

If it's instant respawn it won't go in rounds, it'll just be a continuous game. Rounds exist only because a game mode is designed such that players who die have to wait until everyone is dead to play again.
Thanks given by:
(20 May 11, 10:29PM)Jack Wrote:
(20 May 11, 10:13PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: Bad idea. Players could simply stay inside their base and since the enemies can't do anything, the player in base won't ever die; therefore, making it a never ending round.
If it's instant respawn it won't go in rounds, it'll just be a continuous game. Rounds exist only because a game mode is designed such that players who die have to wait until everyone is dead to play again.
I was only suggesting safe haven or wutever to stop people saying the someones opponent would camp at their base. And obviously they can't attack from there.

Thanks given by:
*facepalm*The save haven would not work UNLESS it would not allow anything through except the team coming out(they would still be able to go in.)
Thanks given by:
its still another TOSOK mode....as wolf said we dont need any more of those....if u would like diversity and people not base camping...go play another mode :D
Thanks given by:
It's called Instagib, me thinks. It is way over played on Sauer and Quake live. They both also have Instagib CTFs, too. Uhg, It makes it look like that rifle thing on Sauer is the only gun in the whole game. Go ahead and do it:it would be a nice game mode on a game that people actually play (Nobody plays quake Live or Sauer. I mean not Cube 1 nobody, but under 50 people are normally online at a time.).
Thanks given by:
I played Sauer once and didn't like it. Little things like running straight being faster than straferunning threw me off.
Thanks given by:
lol.
if you want to try the istagib (tosok or osok without respawn time), analpanda already made it. just modconnect to the istagib server of MyS for play istactf or istatdm (only sniper, 1 hp).
Thanks given by:
ista or insta?
Thanks given by:
Insta (instagib = instant gib)
Thanks given by:
hmm ok I thought of something better but would need large maps :(
Basically there would be 5 consoles and players would have to take control of more consoles than the opponent to win. The more consoles you have the faster the power gauge would go to the enemies side.
I got it from Goldenye 007 Wii and I love the mode.
Thanks given by:
What about a capture the bases mode where you have to stand on a base for X amount of seconds to make it neutral, then X amount of bases to make it yours, then if you capture all (or most?) of the bases, you win?
Thanks given by:
You *have* been playing Sauer. :P That could be fun here, too.
Thanks given by:
That's on Sauer? I guess that's proof about the overuse of Instagib :P. I guess I was thinking something I saw on... Battlefront 2? o_0
Thanks given by:
I went on Sauer once and there was a base capture mode like you described, or something like that.
Thanks given by:
That mode would actually be really fun :D

So would all instas, which have been already done... just not included in the vanilla package

YES LUC@S I MEAN YOU :D
Thanks given by:
instance spawn is not gonna prevent spawn killers from killing you xD
god-mod for 3 sec after respawn, or
random spawn points like in CoD
Thanks given by:
Cod is a good type of fish, eh?
Thanks given by:
Looks very delicious and scrumptious, yes?
[Image: UrDTY.jpg]
pwned, so you meant that these fish spawn randomly? How exactly does that happen?!

On a more serious note, what exactly do you mean by random spawns? I don't exactly own CoD so could you explain?
Thanks given by:
Well essentially in CoD, the spawns will flip to a different area of the map (in most modes) based on where the enemy team is to prevent spawn killing. i.e. if most of the enemy team is on side A of the map and you die, you will most likely spawn on side B of the map. This is impossible for AC since there are clearly defined CLA and RVSF bases on almost every map.
Thanks given by:
Spawnkill ftw!
and offtopic but pwned nice to see you're still around :)
Thanks given by:
gee wolf, let's not be stupid about "CoD". and viper just explained everything.

@ShadowFlameZ: yep :D
Thanks given by:
gee pwned, let's not get combative over innocuous facetiousness.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue-in-cheek
Thanks given by: