cannot resolve
Today I haven't been able to resolve any AC servers (except private ones) and I get no response from the master server? Is there anything I can do besides re-install?
Thanks given by:
Apparently TheCrema had the same issue... where are you from?
Thanks given by:
Same here, my IPS blocked all my ports 000 and up for security reasons (thx Brahma for the tip)
A quick call to them resolved my issue.
Thanks given by:
Same here, do you guys all use at&t for internet?
Thanks given by:
wow same here, i only could get on one server, it just keeps saying could not resolve
Thanks given by:
Same here. Don't know why, but deleting the saved.cfg was the only way, but then happened again.
Thanks given by:
I heard that Drake was making stuff for the Cup.
Thanks given by:
Proof:

[Image: duck_hunting_drake_mallard_coffee_cup_mu...tm_210.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I would believe the masterserver was offline for a tick more than ?isp blocking all ur ports?
Thanks given by:
Im having the same problem but I cant even connect to private servers anymore?!....
Anyone know what I can do to fix it?
Thanks given by:
Like I said: my ISP apparently blocked a truck load of ports this morning, I call them and ask them to fix it, caus if I can't play AC they might as well cancel my internet account and I would use my cellular for e-mail :D
Works like a charm now!
Thanks given by:
I imagine the conversation went something like this:

*TheCreama rings his ISP*

TheCrema: "Hey, um, I can't connect to all these servers and stuff, what's going on?"
ISP: "Oh hai, for yr security, we be blockin' all unused p0rt holez yo! Cuz most internetz users, they b n00bz fo' shure and don't need all 'dem p0rt holez yo! Also, we suspectz j00 of illegal torrentz y0!"
TheCrema: "Huh... just fix my f**king net"
ISP: "K yo! All fixed!"
Thanks given by:
I'm also having this problem.

"could not resolve server"

So I can't play online at the moment... and yes, I'm on at&t.

Anyone know a fix for this? Having to call them up seems a bit much...
Thanks given by:
@RK

XD
Nah, the ISP guy was an indian dude (quite a nice fella), not a redneck, but yeah, it was kinda like that, except for the part were I told them not to mess with my faking ports anymore, if I wanna something blocked I can do it myself, ffs! As for downloading, they can just keep sending me the threatening copyright infringement letter thingy too see if I care!

@eon
Yes, sorry to disappoint you, but if AT&T did it like Comcast, you gonna have to call them...
Thanks given by:
I use AT&T and that must be the issue.
Thanks given by:
What ports does AC require?
Thanks given by:
by default, 28763 (or higher, if you have more services running for it). But you can change it to a more convenient port if one exists.
Thanks given by:
Summary of thread: American ISP's fail.
Thanks given by:
update: I haven't changed anything, yet now I can connect. The only thing is that the server I used to play on doesn't show up on the server list...

V-Man (or others?) - could you explain how I can change AC to use whatever port most online games use?
Thanks given by:
I cant connect now either. Suddenly...
Thanks given by:
It's a bad day today.
Thanks given by:
Some servers i can connect to but some i cant...
Thanks given by:
It seems to be an intermittent problem for me, which goes away if I restart the game and then immediately connect again.

@eon: read the server command line extension guide, it's in there. It also has a lot of really useful extensions you'll want to know about.
Thanks given by:
Same happened to me this morning. It's fine now though. I just rebooted my comp and it worked.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jul 10, 12:14AM)eon Wrote: update: I haven't changed anything, yet now I can connect. The only thing is that the server I used to play on doesn't show up on the server list...

V-Man (or others?) - could you explain how I can change AC to use whatever port most online games use?

You can't change what port you connect to servers through; only what port your server has open. You must use whatever port the server you're connecting to uses so in such a situation as this the only solution is to have the ISP unblock the ports or resolve whatever other problem there is.
Thanks given by:
All works fine for me now & I didn't change anything so...
Thanks given by: