Ladder douchbaggery
Whether you like the TyD ladder or not, you have to agree the behaviour below is just poor. I don't know if it's up there with Hinata playing OSOK with 8 clients on his own in the same server, but...
May 11 08:54:04 ac-jamz AssaultCube[justice]: [124.181.x.x] client connected
May 11 08:54:04 ac-jamz AssaultCube[justice]: [124.181.x.x] |Deadmau5| logged in (default), AC: 1103|824
May 11 08:55:27 ac-jamz AssaultCube[justice]: [124.181.x.x] |Deadmau5| stole the flag
May 11 08:55:34 ac-jamz AssaultCube[justice]: [124.181.x.x] |Deadmau5| lost the flag
May 11 08:55:53 ac-jamz AssaultCube[justice]: [124.181.x.x] |Deadmau5| stole the flag
May 11 08:56:00 ac-jamz AssaultCube[justice]: [124.181.x.x] |Deadmau5| changed name to ~KAS~LosZetas
May 11 08:56:00 ac-jamz AssaultCube[justice]: [124.181.x.x] ~KAS~LosZetas scored with the flag for RVSF, new score 1
May 11 08:56:01 ac-jamz AssaultCube[justice]: [124.181.x.x] ~KAS~LosZetas changed name to |Deadmau5|
May 11 08:56:33 ac-jamz AssaultCube[justice]: [124.181.x.x] |Deadmau5| stole the flag
May 11 08:56:57 ac-jamz AssaultCube[justice]: [124.181.x.x] |Deadmau5| changed name to ~KAS~LosZetas
May 11 08:56:57 ac-jamz AssaultCube[justice]: [124.181.x.x] ~KAS~LosZetas scored with the flag for RVSF, new score 2
May 11 08:56:58 ac-jamz AssaultCube[justice]: [124.181.x.x] ~KAS~LosZetas changed name to |Deadmau5|

For those of you not used to server logs, LosZetas is playing as |Deadmau5| to collect the flags, then changing his name back just as he is about to score.

[Image: loszetas_scores_may2011.jpg]

This used to happen on the Hi-Skill ladder, where you were rewarded with a high Flags/hour score. The Tyd ladder has a small section for Best CTF ratio each month:

[Image: ctf_ratio_may2011.jpg]

Here's a nice video of the two flags being scored.
*sigh*
Thanks given by:
You mean this isn't how the game is meant to be played?

Man I've been doing it all wrong! D:
Thanks given by:
This dude is so badass, he's even got it binded :O
Thanks given by:
Amazing idea!!
Thanks given by:
I can't believe he beat me to making that script
Thanks given by:
I dont see anything wrong, it's not bad behaviour just intelligent play
Thanks given by:
sportsmanship = 0 ...
Thanks given by:
thanks for pointing this out jamz! i've got an idea for a fix for my server already :P
Thanks given by:
And that will be what?
Thanks given by:
I change my mind, shame on LosZetas for not playing by the unwritten rules...
Thanks given by:
i personally never thought about doing that, but talking to that person would have been better, as now since you told everyone how it is done, what is to keep people from doing it.

it is cheating the system, and shouldn't be allowed.
Thanks given by:
It's just a shame. If you have to refurbish your ego by doing something like that... that's sad.
Thanks given by:
Can the ladder not be done by IP instead of username... without hax!
Thanks given by:
IPs like to change a lot MykeGregory
Thanks given by:
The thread starts with "Whether you like the TyD ladder or not", jamz probably doesn't like if he publishes the hack on the public forum ;)
Thanks given by:
(11 May 11, 05:58PM)Robtics Wrote: IPs like to change a lot MykeGregory

Orly?! lol
best thing to do is kick them i think.

Thanks given by:
AhAh that's how AC ladders are ...
A lot of people are doing this kind of sh*t, I saw that multiple times...
Thanks given by:
(11 May 11, 05:25PM)Bugboy1028 Wrote: And that will be what?

Award points only to the username you connect with.
Thanks given by:
Or just ban them. We ban people for rude behavior, I see this as no different.
However, as nobody is going to agree with me, Mael's plan sounds good.
Thanks given by:
Mael has a good idea, and I thin someone needs to make and implement the code into all the ladder servers.
Thanks given by:
What about matching the ip to the username you connect with. From there on, take info from the ip?

Edit: And.. that's a lot like what Mael said. Ignore the above :)
Thanks given by:
Or just ban/delete them?

Ladder Rules Wrote:Abuse:
Anyone who cheats the ladder by influencing his score, will be removed from the ladder. This includes (but is not limited to) using modified maps, playing unfair games (noobs vs pros).

I think this fits. Why not report to TyD themselves?
Thanks given by:
I don't see what the huge deal here is....
He's spreading out his points over two usernames rather than just one. Who cares if he gets an unrealistically high F-ratio with the one username? He still won't get as many points as he could just playing with one name. He'll still get pwned in clan matches because he's a noob.

I don't see what the issue is here... his team still gets the points, and he's not disrupting gameplay in any way.
Thanks given by:
He's obviously using flaws in the system to get an unrealisticly high f-ratio - aka an advantage over other honest players who don't resort to this crap.

How can this behavior possibly be defended? :s
Thanks given by:
Zarj, he is making it so LosZetas doesn't lose flags.
Thanks given by:
(12 May 11, 12:34AM)Bukz Wrote: He's obviously using flaws in the system to get an unrealisticly high f-ratio - aka an advantage over other honest players who don't resort to this crap.

(12 May 11, 12:36AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Zarj, he is making it so LosZetas doesn't lose flags.

I understand what is happening - I am just saying - who cares?
He isn't scoring more points for this (in fact, he is getting less, since he doesn't score all the points for frags along the way).
He isn't gaining any advantage - he's still every bit as good or bad a player as he would be otherwise.

I don't see how this is any different from the guy who camps in the corner to get a high ratio during a CTF game - he is contributing nothing to the team, and although at the end of the day he may be proud of his 10.0 kdr, he looks like a tool, since he has no flags. This guy is at least contributing to his team effort. Who cares that he changes names?
Thanks given by:
(11 May 11, 06:08PM)Alien Wrote: The thread starts with "Whether you like the TyD ladder or not", jamz probably doesn't like if he publishes the hack on the public forum ;)
My main intention was to bring it to the attention of as many people as possible, and it's quite easy to check for this sort of behaviour, once you're aware of it.

(11 May 11, 05:27PM)Hellspell Wrote: I change my mind, shame on LosZetas for not playing by the unwritten rules...
But they are written, as Ronald_Reagan quoted. Granted it doesn't specifically say how you could influence your score, but this is certainly doing that.

(11 May 11, 07:51PM)DarKnoT Wrote: AhAh that's how AC ladders are ...
You're right DarknoT. I'm trying to think of the name of an old clan that had a month's points removed by Clown for fixing teams on the ladder. I'm sure it'll come to me...

(12 May 11, 12:17AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Why not report to TyD themselves?
Who says I haven't?

(12 May 11, 12:30AM)Zarj Wrote: Who cares?
I do.
Quote:I don't see what the issue is here... his team still gets the points, and he's not disrupting gameplay in any way.
Which is why this isn't in the blacklist forum; it's just to let peple know what sort of thing people will stoop to for a little moment of 'success'. Robtics summed up my feeling about this:

(11 May 11, 04:26PM)Robtics Wrote: sportsmanship = 0 ...
Thanks given by:
(12 May 11, 12:59AM)jamz Wrote:
(12 May 11, 12:17AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Why not report to TyD themselves?
Who says I haven't?

TyD forums (the part I can see).
Thanks given by:
(12 May 11, 12:59AM)jamz Wrote:
(11 May 11, 07:51PM)DarKnoT Wrote: AhAh that's how AC ladders are ...
You're right DarknoT. I'm trying to think of the name of an old clan that had a month's points removed by Clown for fixing teams on the ladder. I'm sure it'll come to me...

{Turco}

Thanks given by:
Zarj is right, there shouldn't be any sort of harsh backlash from simply changing your name.

At the same time, jamz is right in that doing so shouldn't grant some boost in any particular stats in the ladder.

For a third thought, TyD ought to be the ones figuring this out, and the rest of us needn't worry about it.
Thanks given by: