[map]zj_concrete_facility
For those wondering, yes, there was previously a thread for this map. However, it has been some months, and I have begun to again work on the map after returning to AC.
Download it here:
http://www.quadropolis.us/node/3057
http://www.akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=762
Concrete facility is a gritty, dark, (and probably smelly, if you could smell it) map with an industrial theme. It is best for 2-6 players. The map was designed to be well balanced, both in terms of weapons that can be used on the map, and in terms of gameplay. Pickups include:
6 x ammo box
4 x health pack
4 x grenade
2 x pistol ammo
2 x helmet
1 x kevlar vest
1 x akimbo
[Image: zj_concrete_facility_1.0_screen.png]
Thanks given by:
Read MeatROme's comment on that node - he apparently likes it very much - somehow I'm inclined to agree with him ;-)
Thanks given by:
Amazing map :D
Concrete Facility for the next real release!

Thanks given by:
(04 May 11, 05:31AM)flowtron Wrote: Read MeatROme's comment on that node - he apparently likes it very much - somehow I'm inclined to agree with him ;-)

I agree with him as well.
Thanks given by:
This map looks too "flat" to me... Maybe a wrong impression, but I didn't enjoy that much... :/
Thanks given by:
I agree Andrez, it is fairly flat, and there is a lack of details, and those are the map's weak points.
However, if you try playing on it in a 2v2 or 3v3 I think you will find that the layout flows nicely, and it is a lot of fun to play on.
And thank you for the comments and suggestions, flow! I appreciate it.
Thanks given by:
I think I've said my bit on this map somewhere already, though I'm not entirely sure as akimbo isn't available atm.

The overall idea and layout are nice and authentic for sure. I guess it can be real fun on "small" matches.

However, I can't get used to your choice of textures and I prefer rather realistic settings. Well, the one thing is personal preference in first place and a strong layout can outweigh the latter one.

This map will surely never make it into my "fav-list", though I'd be happy to have a game on it once in a while. :)

Thanks given by:
The final version of zj_concrete_facility has been released! There have been some minor changes to lighting, sound, and a few other things as well. Please let me know if you find any errors in the map.

Server owners, I encourage you to add this map to your maprot for games with under 6 players. It supports all team modes very nicely.
Thanks given by:
Lol, that took a little bit of time. I remember playing on this map months ago. Glad to see its now finalized.
Thanks given by:
I talked to you last night about the map so thats still what I think. Also, I don't know about your upload on quadropolis but your upload on akimbo has the wrong file structure. Inside you .zip your file structure should be:

packages/maps/"map files"

Also the .txt should be next to the "packages" folder and the screenshot (just extra data) can be omitted, your screenshot on the download page was enough.
Thanks given by:
Hey Zach, this maps pretty good looks like it would be nice and fast for osok/dm. I think you could work on the lighting still it seems bland and not very well placed more. The textures could use some work as well, maybe breaking up the grey and cool colors with a few different ones..especially on the floor and ground. Though the structure is simple there is plenty of space to duck and hide behind things..in the middle its almost feeling a little to crowded to me.

Good map mate.
Thanks given by: