how to make a clan server
i need help start to finish on how to make a normal server
Thanks given by:
Look up and find the DOC/Wiki link, all you need is right there.
Thanks given by:
http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Server_guide
Recently updated as well!
Thanks given by:
i have a dsl connection that up to 3 computers may be on,my wireless laptop,a wireless netbook and a wired desktop would my server be laggy?
Thanks given by:
Depends on your bandwidth and your computer specs.
Thanks given by:
how do i measure my bandwidth and my laptop is a turion dual core,1gb ram,hdd toshiba satelite
Thanks given by:
Try at http://speedtest.net or some other place.
Thanks given by:
haha dont think about your hardware, this won´t be the bottle neck
Thanks given by:
results [Image: 882001353.png]
Thanks given by:
well those results suck
upload is most important
Thanks given by:
ping sucks too :p
Thanks given by:
ISP sucks too :p
Thanks given by:
what should i do?
Thanks given by:
1. not run a server
2. change isp / make a better contract with them
3. rent a server at a hosting company
Thanks given by:
i have a problem,None can connect to my server, i'ts not on the master server yet but noone can connect to it, like i tell them my ip to connect and they cant, only i can, i talked to brahma about adding my server, and he said if somone could connect then there is a way he can add my server to the master server.

edit- I went to the site (my ip) on port (28763)
Reason: Connection timed out

does anyone know how i fix this?
Thanks given by:
do you have portforwarding enabled?
Thanks given by:
i dont think so, and i looked on the docs and the portfowarding explanation doest really make since to me, but i think thats what the problem is
Thanks given by:
The first and easiest thing to check is whether your ISP supplied your router. Especially if it's an ISP-provided one-piece router/modem you may be able to call them to get support or be redirected to the people who do support it. They should be able to tell you how to do port forwarding. Otherwise, post router make & model.
Thanks given by:
uhh i got a Belkin Wireless G router
Thanks given by:
BrickSquad: portforward.com
28763 + 28764 UDP
Thanks given by:
thank you very much man, im almost done, now i jus gota get my router username and pass lol, sorry for asking so much questions, but do u think u know where that wuld be ?
Thanks given by:
on the bottom of the router is mine.
Thanks given by:
RTFM!
read the manual of your router
Thanks given by:
Look on router label and get model number or "M/N"

Google: [model number] default password

or check routerpasswords.com
Thanks given by:
Trying to make a server right now is useless, unless you plan for keeping your laptop or computer on for extended periods of time, as the automated registration won't be back up until 1.1.
Thanks given by:
well i had a server before, then i got new comp and stuff, but i used my server everyday and my clan does
Thanks given by:
Trying to make a server is not useless! Just because it's not in the masterserver doesn't mean it doesn't exsist. Also BrickSquad make sure when you port forward in your router that you also port forward or disable any software firewalls on your computer as well (Windows Firewall). Also I suggest if this is a longterm server you host it on a older computer running Linux as a daemon. That way you can run it xless and control it from your other PC with ssh access.
Thanks given by:
Zomg!'s advice should come with a warning. Please don't disable your software firewall permanently to run an AC server. By all means disable it to test whether that's the problem, but then switch it back on and find out how to add a rule to allow access to the AC server.
I can, however, agree with his advice on linux. I was 100% Windows-only until I switched my server to linux just over a year ago. The learning curve was worth all the effort, and I'll try to use linux for all my server tasks in the future.
Thanks given by:
Is he banned cause of that advice?
Thanks given by: