jumpin fps
hi
i've just figured out that my fps is jumping.... kinda really much (40-75) so i've decided to use the fps range. so i used 60-60 setting
and nothing changed.
and so my friend gave it a go on his PC where he has stable fps on 60... he set range to lowest possible... and was still 60....
so is this fps range "tool" just a joke or what?
well it seems to me as not working so how can i enable it if its not?
Thanks given by:
try /maxfps ?
Thanks given by:
Your friend most probably has vsync on. If you want to have an fps of 60 like him you could try /vsync 1, or if you just want your computer to give it a go to the highest it can try /vsync 0.
Thanks given by:
^if this doesn't work.
Your graphics settings may be on "insane" graphics. In which case some maps have areas that drastically cut FPS. Try the "low" setting. It'll still change a little bit in different map areas but it'll be so high you won't tell.

and if thats not it either, more will come with the answer. ;)
Thanks given by:
IIRC /fpsrange n1 n2 sets the dynamic level-of-detail limits: if below n1, engine will try to lower detail (by merging cubes into 2x2 or bigger blocks), or if above n2, it will try to increase detail (by not merging distant cubes). IIRC /minlod overrides these settings.
Thanks given by:
hm hm
the thing is that my fps just dropped down on constant 36 but sometimes still goes up to 70 on some parts of maps...
/fpsrange n1 n2
this thing is kinda.... strange... if i set like 40-50 the fps doesn't change.... i still get it jumpy from 36-58...
Thanks given by:
You can only set a maximum fps-value. It still can vary below this treshold.
Thanks given by: