cant coop on server
For some reason my server wont allow me to coop on it
my cmdline is as follows:

-c 20
-PfkBMASRCDepw
-Mcurd

I have a simple newmap map uploaded : ac_newmap which i can load in tdm or dm or whatever, but every time i try using coop ac_newmap i get the error message: this map cannot be coopedited on this server

I read all the sticky's and I've tried messing w/ the cmdline over and over again, I cant figure out whats up, I can't coop on my server and it's frustrating. Anyone know what's up? (I can't coopedit at all on my server)

My server is Ninja Public btw.
Thanks given by:
well thats weird... you should be able to vote maps in coop with those commandline arguments. Are you sure you've put the switches in the right place? What OS do you use? Will it work when voted by an admin?
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 11, 07:47PM)dninja616 Wrote: -PfkBMASRCDepw
-Mcurd

-PfkBMASRCDepwfkBMASRCDepw -Mcurdcurd

Thanks given by:
What? Wouldnt those just be redundant? Besides you shouldn't put those twice.
Thanks given by:
Before you try and coop your map, type /sendmap "mapname" without the quotes and then try /coop "mapname".
Thanks given by:
"I have a simple newmap map uploaded"

I thought that meant he uploaded it.
Thanks given by:
yeah, already sent the map. OS is vista, I've tried it as admin. Still not working. I'll try inputing the permissions 2ce to see if it works
Thanks given by:
Remove all your switches (copy them somewhere so you can replace them) and then try it again, just so we can eliminate the possibility of a switch problem. Have you tried re-installing AC? Might work.
Thanks given by:
(01 May 11, 05:50PM)Viper Wrote: Remove all your switches (copy them somewhere so you can replace them) and then try it again, just so we can eliminate the possibility of a switch problem. Have you tried re-installing AC? Might work.

tried that, still same problem
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 11, 07:47PM)dninja616 Wrote: For some reason my server wont allow me to coop on it
my cmdline is as follows:

-c 20
-PfkBMASRCDepw
-Mcurd
Your cmdline should be on a single line as follows:

bin_win32\ac_server.exe -n"server name " -o"MOTD " -c20 -xPASSWORD -fPORT -PfkBMASRCDepw -Mcurd

each switch shouldn't be on a different line..
Thanks given by:
If he uses servercmdline.txt it should. ;)
Maybe it works having one single line to, but i havent tested.
Thanks given by:
The command-line/config-file usage is interchangeable - the config-file has the advantage of allowing some comments and being generally easier to read :-)

Are there maybe any errors you can see from either log? Meaning messages you get in the client and/or the server. This could help narrowing down the issue.

The basic requirements to allow for an open coop-edit server are these:
-Pep
-Mcurd
If you're really using AC 1.1.0.4 then these should work; there've been known issues on Vista/Windows-7 with file-permissions, please check whether or not you actually have the map (and cfg (possibly 0-size)) inside the packages/maps/servermaps/incoming directory after uploading. If you can vote it in a gamemode then it should already contain spawns, which could've been another issue - if you're just not allowed to vote it for coop, then "-Pe" is somehow not being accepted, if you can't vote it for ctf, or a team-mode then it'd be "-Pp" that was being ignored. Please try those minimalistic switches I posted above .. use a clean servercmdline.txt for it too - just backup your version first and empty it of everything except those lines above - just to make sure you haven't got a later setting overriding your intended settings! HTH
Oh .. and check your logs! ;)
Thanks given by:
I recall that if a map is in packages/maps/servermaps but NOT in /incoming, the server seems to think of it as being somewhat "official" and doesn't allow you to edit it.
Make sure that ac_newmap is not in servermaps folder but in the incoming folder instead.
I think.
Thanks given by:
You're absolutely right Frogulis. Having the map in /servermaps/ will cause the error:
this map cannot be coopedited in this server
could not vote: invalid vote
Maps here cannot be overwritten, regardless of server settings.
Thanks given by:
What if the maps are in both servermaps and incoming? I'll test with my server regardless but just wanted to know.
Thanks given by:
that's probably the reason...thx!
Thanks given by: