Can't join Custom Map games
Hi, I've been playing AC for about a week now, and I've played on all the regular maps. For some reason, when I join a custom map server, I can't spawn or even move around as a ghost? Maps such as Douze and Desert work because they're regular maps, but custom maps made by other players don't work for me;I can't spawn? I can chat, but right when I send the message it's gone. If you could help me, it would be great because I've been playing on regular maps, which get boring after a while.

Thanks,
Shado
Thanks given by:
have u tried to type /getmap when it says you cant join because you dont have the map?
Thanks given by:
I'll try right now
Thanks given by:
Ok.
Thanks given by:
Still doesn't work :(
Thanks given by:
Any error messages when you try to /getmap ?
Thanks given by:
There are two errors:

1.Could not write map to packages\maps\aw_Des_ptits_trous_rev.cgz. (I think "aw_Dez_ptits_trous_rev.cgz" is a map.)

2.Could not read map to packages\maps\aw_Des_ptits_trous_rev.cgz.

Thanks given by:
1) What operating system are you using?
2) Do you have read/write permission on this computer?
Thanks given by:
I'm using an HP G62 laptop, and how do you check if you have permission?
Thanks given by:
What operating system are you using, Windows, OSX, Linux?
Thanks given by:
Oh, sorry, I'm using Windows
Thanks given by:
You could try to convince Windows that you're the owner of the computer and that you would like to be able to write files to wherever you choose, but by far the easiest option is to uninstall AC, then reinstall it to another location. When you're asked which folder you'd like to put it in, specifiy a folder in "My Documents", where you have full write permissions by default.
Thanks given by:
Thanks, I'll try that
It works! THANKS so much
Thanks given by:
Problem solved, thread closed?
Thanks given by:
Thread closed.

You dont need to act like a mod with no powers Viper ;)
The mods will do what they see fit.
Thanks given by: