FRAPS Recording issues
G'day everybody,
I come before you bearing yet another problem.

This problem is an interesting one, which I have been unable to find any help with so far.

When I record with FRAPS, the most bizarre thing happens:
My bullets will 'break' such as they're hitting a wall, even though the bullets still have distance to hit an actual wall.

When the sniper rifle is shot, you can see the smoke stop at x metres in front of you. It will pass through walls and doesn't leave bullet holes, but will hit this barrier x metres ahead.

In multiplayer, it is possible to hit people, assuming they are <x metres away from you, but if the enemy is >x metres away from you, the bullet will stop travelling and will not hit them. (I don't know what this looks like from spectator or third person...)

Any ideas?
I can record with Xfire fine, although the audio and video is terribly out of sync...

Thanks in advance.
I have searched the forums, and tried to find an answer by doing some searches on Google, but to no avail.
Thanks given by:
Maybe download the demo when game is over and record from this...
Just a thought.
Thanks given by:
(29 Apr 11, 02:06PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Maybe download the demo when game is over and record from this...
Just a thought.
Yeah, except no HUD gun :(

Thanks for the input, though :D
Thanks given by:
We've seen this bug before and it's usually related to gfx drivers. However, if you can't be bothered to update, try adjusting your screen resolution until it works.
Thanks given by:
You dont have to sacrifice resolution for playability i hope. Try playing windowed with a smaller recording area then your full screen but large enough to leave quality.
Thanks given by:
I had the same issue with Fraps once before were it seemed as if my bullets were hitting an invisible wall just a few units away after they were shot. What I noticed was that Fraps failed to tell me it had a problem until I closed AC and tried to find a solution to my problem, then it went unresponsive. What I did was I unloaded it/exited and then restarted it and the problem went away.

If that doesn't work, try removing all settings and uninstall Fraps from your computer and re-install it and reboot your computer. If you still get the same problem try adjusting your frame rate for recording in Fraps. If the problem still exists, send Fraps an email about the issue.
Thanks given by:
Why not try using a different recording program? There are plenty of opensource ones available, like CamStudio.
Thanks given by: